Sign in to follow this  
aasimenator

Hikision ds-2cd2135f-is / iVMS4200 & iVMS 4500 Configuration

Hi Guys,

This is my first time setting up a surveillance system. My company has around 75 Hikvision ds-2cd2135f-is cameras. they are the new ones that support H.265 compression. I am trying to set it up with the Hikvision iVMS 4200 Software but i am having trouble with getting everything work and i would appreciate any help i can get with this.

below IP's are examples of what i have setup.

Camera IP range: 10.10.10.0/24

Network IP Range: 192.168.2.0/24

Gateway: 192.168.2.1

PCNVR_Server IP: 192.168.2.100 & 10.10.10.100 (Client, Stream Media & Storage all on the same server)

Ports Open on the router = 85 (HTTP), 554 (Streaming), 8000 all pointing to PCNVR_Server 192.168.2.100

Windows Firewall is enabled & those ports are open as well.

Public IP: 8.8.8.8 (again lets use it as an example)

Issues:

1. The Stream Server configuration consists of the public ip address & port 8.8.8.8:554 if the IP is set to the internal address 192.168.1.100 i can view the live view from within the client and locally on the network but i cannot access it over the internet via 8.8.8.8:85 liveview. Checked resource monitor on my computer and found out that it looks for the internal ip of the stream server.

2. Changed Stream server to internet ip in ivms client now everything works externally, I am able to load streaming using live view if i access 8.8.8.8:85 and login and open any particular camera. But the camera view doesn't work internally anymore i get "Reconnecting Error SMS [3]" for all camera. not sure what the reason is for this if its even my router cause when i try to load the ip 8.8.8.8:85 within the network it fails to display anything.

3. Storage Schedule fails to record with out any error for camera's Port 8000 is open which is the port that it uses i believe.

4. What settings to use in the iVMS4500 application on Android / IOS to load the PC_NVR configuration instead of load each camera into it? what configuration do i use in the settings page.

this is what i have it currently at but it doesn't work

Alias: PCNVR_Server

Register Mode: IP/Domain

Address: 8.8.8.8

Port: 8000

Username: admin

Password: password

Camera No. 1

Any help with any of the following will be much appreciated.

Reason for cameras being on a separate IP range is because i dont' want any of the local computers to be able to access the cameras or the software. no users have access to the PC_NVRServer anyways.

Why is it that i can only get it work either externally or only get it working internally for streaming / live view. Why cannot i get it to record it gives some dll error related to Hik file i will get full info on that soon.

Is there a port that i am missing. How can i get it to work over mobile.

Please help

Edited by Guest

PCNVR_Server IP: 192.168.1.100

Apologies if I'm wrong, but I assumed /24 means subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 ? But you have gateway and PCNVR on diffrent subnets (.2 and .1)

PCNVR_Server IP: 192.168.1.100

Apologies if I'm wrong, but I assumed /24 means subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 ? But you have gateway and PCNVR on diffrent subnets (.2 and .1)

Correct! Seems wrong

Any ideas?

I think i have most of the things working according to what i wanted the only issue is with the mobile application not connecting to the PCNVR_Server.

What settings should i be using there? the Port 8000 should be mapped to the PCNVR_Server or to each camera's?

Any ideas?

I think i have most of the things working according to what i wanted the only issue is with the mobile application not connecting to the PCNVR_Server.

What settings should i be using there? the Port 8000 should be mapped to the PCNVR_Server or to each camera's?

I do not sell Hikvision. Have our own brand. But, look for DMZ on your router and enter the DVR's IP adres in there. That will open all the ports for testing purposes and forward it to the dvr. From www.eagleviewsecurity.co.za