justinmiller16

Recording from IP cameras with Dahua NVR server software

Hey all,

I have a Dahua 4300s. I also have a pretty decent sever already setup that I installed the Dahua NVR server software onto. I've been able to add the 4300s as an IP camera but I can't quite figure out how to get it to record to my server. In other words, it's not clear to me what I need to setup via the camera vs. the NVR software.

If I understand the broken English I the manual correctly, it appears that most of the setup is done in the camera. Then once I add the camera to the NVR, all I have to set is the recording schedule. I did this but I get no recordings at all. I even tried hitting the manual record button... and nothing.

I setup all the package management shenanigans so there should be a place for the recordings.

Anyone have any insight or wisdom?

Thanks,

Justin

Yeah sorry I meant to clarify -- it's actually neither of those. It's the Digivision software that I downloaded from Dahua's site. I assumed it was made by Dahua.

Would you recommend the Pss/SmartPss instead of the Digivision?

Yeah sorry I meant to clarify -- it's actually neither of those. It's the Digivision software that I downloaded from Dahua's site. I assumed it was made by Dahua.

Would you recommend the Pss/SmartPss instead of the Digivision?

Yes I would use pss I will send you pss and smart pss link to your pm