wnix

ds-2cd2342wd-i is flashing exposure?

I think I saw this issue mentioned a while back somewhere but can't remember where. Had my system up and running and swapped the camera out for slightly newer ds-2cd2342wd-i and I am experiencing random periodic flashes in what appear to be exposure causing the camera to go super bright and fade back to normal, usually 2 flashes in a row. This also happens at night but causes the camera to go dark and appears to happen more frequently.

Anyone know the fix?

Thanks.

I think I saw this issue mentioned a while back somewhere but can't remember where. Had my system up and running and swapped the camera out for slightly newer ds-2cd2342wd-i and I am experiencing random periodic flashes in what appear to be exposure causing the camera to go super bright and fade back to normal, usually 2 flashes in a row. This also happens at night but causes the camera to go dark and appears to happen more frequently.

Anyone know the fix?

Thanks.

There is a firmware update that fixes this. Make sure your have a US region camera before updating.

Anyone know the fix?

Thanks.

There is a firmware update that fixes this. Make sure your have a US region camera before updating.

How can I confirm this?

Anyone know the fix?

Thanks.

How can I confirm this?

Please see this. It has an explanation by Hikvision:

http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/download_89.html

Don

281217_1.jpg

box

281217_2.jpg

camera

no CH in the serial number as stated by HikVision, however the stickers say made in china. Conclusion?

281217_1.jpg

box

281217_2.jpg

camera

no CH in the serial number as stated by HikVision, however the stickers say made in china. Conclusion?

use sadp to see the actual serial

I've installed the software on this computer and gave it a try. There doesn't appear to be a whole lot to the program, but it doesn't appear to be picking anything up either. Have any tips?

I am unable to modify any of the network parameters.

EDIT: Turns out NVR wasn't hooked up to the network switch, now I am able to see the NVR on the SADP program.

EDIT2: I tried hooking a camera directly up to the switch to see if the program would pick anything up but nogo. It's not a POE switch so I'm guessing that may be a cause.

However, is there any way to pick up the camera connected to the NVR? Just seeing the NVR.

Neat, can pull up the camera through the internal weblink that SADP sent me to... But still can't find a way to locate the camera's data (serial)

testnightshot.thumb.jpg.d37e15157de079375cdf7396593f69be.jpg

Ok I got onto the NVR directly at the TV and realized I can just see the camera's data from there, the serial is something along the lines of ds-2cd2342wd-3784329732BBWR4787822 (numbers were randomly generated)

Is this a green light to update firmware? I see no CH anywhere. The current firmware says 5.3.3 build 150630.

Also, what is the best method for updating firmware?

I've been looking around for a good chunk of the morning now and I can only conclude that I have the most current firmware? 5.3.3 build 150630. NVR appears up to date as well at 3.3.4 build 150811.

Am I missing something? I could find no available firmwares for ds-2cd2342wd-i on hikvision. Is this a 3rd party firmware somewhere? I was also having difficulty figuring out how I would be able to update the firmware as I can only access the camera through the NVR. Would I be able to load the firmware onto a stick and update it at the NVR by selecting the firmware from the stick?

That BBWR on your serial means you have an international version, so you can flash firmwares without an issue.

And yes, you do already have the latest verison for your camera, it is very recent, manufacture date 10/2015, you can see it on the box.