Sign in to follow this  
ricvil

exacqVision Virtual licensing

I am a bit confused about the exacq licensing scheme in regards to the exacqVision Virtual (vmware) server.

I have installed the server and it allows me to use one IP camera in evaluation mode. So far so good.

Now the question is, if I want to add 4 cameras what licenses should I buy? Will it work with start licenses or only enterprise camera licenses?

Do I only need the camera licenses or must I but a server license too?

The system requirements list "exacqVision Enterprise Server license version 5.0 or later", so I don't want to plan for just camera licenses and then realize I need a separate server license too.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

I'm an independent IT contractor. One of my clients has an exacqVision system.

Their's isn't a VM but a standalone server running a very old version of Ubuntu. I imagine the VM is the same install but virtualized. I was not involved in the purchase of the system but have played with it and had to trouble shoot some of the Ubuntu configs. It does appear the software is free but anything above recording one camera requires a license for each camera. That seems to be the current trend from what have seen but I'm new to the Security Camera business, just getting involved because the client asked, seems no one on site even knows how to use the system, I get calls to pull videos, occasionally go in swap out drives, fix/replace cameras along with their other IT needs. Seems like an ok system, except for the old Ubuntu distro. It's not on the web and is just for internal use so why update the OS if it works with the hardware.

I am a bit confused about the exacq licensing scheme in regards to the exacqVision Virtual (vmware) server.

I have installed the server and it allows me to use one IP camera in evaluation mode. So far so good.

Now the question is, if I want to add 4 cameras what licenses should I buy? Will it work with start licenses or only enterprise camera licenses?

Do I only need the camera licenses or must I but a server license too?

The system requirements list "exacqVision Enterprise Server license version 5.0 or later", so I don't want to plan for just camera licenses and then realize I need a separate server license too.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

You need 1x exacqVision Enterprise Server license

+ Exacq Pro licence for every camera you want to connect.

I don't want to pay for Enterprise licenses since I just want the Pro licenses.

If what you are saying is correct, then it will be simply better to install the regular linux version of exacqVison in an Virtual Machine and then buy the Pro Licenses that go with it.

I have actually ordered a trial START license. It works fine in the regular linux install and it works identically well in the VMware install. Both versions (regular Linux & VMware) are indistiguisable from what I can tell so far. I am therefore doubting the claim that I need to pay for Enterprise licenses with the VMware version.

Thanks.