janos666

HAREX HRX-IA6042P / H6C-P-20 (XM Sony 1080p)

Does anybody know the telnet login root password for these devices? (It is not root:xmhdipc)

This is how the store labeled it: HAREX HRX-IA6042P

This is how it identifies itself with the NVSIP branded CMS (aka CMS2): H6C-P-20

The standard XM CMS tells me it's a re-branded XM device with firmware version: V4.02.R11.00001520.10010.0305 (2015-05-19)

The firmware version according to the re-branded CMS2 is: V2.2.4250 - 20151110

I would like to take a look at kmsg and the ifconfing output because I have a strange problem I can't easily troubleshoot.

I am trying to record the main streams with FFmpeg (using RTSP) the same way I do with my other XM based (not so customized) cameras but I experience a severe case of UDP package drops with these cameras (yes, it's expected to loose a few UDP packets here and there, but it's catastrophic in this case, the output on the disk is completely useless, barely recognizable as a H264 video) and what's really troubling is that all the four of these keep rebooting/resetting somewhere between 2 and 40 minutes when I force a TCP connection.

So, something is clearly wrong and I think I could gather some useful info if I had root access. kmsg might would tell me the reason of the constant reboots.

These reboots seem to be closely tied to RTSP/TCP streaming. I don't see any reboots happening when I watch the real-time feeds with the supplied CMS2 software. So it seems to be a bug in the RTPS implementation when I connect with a vanilla FFmpeg or VLC client.

I wonder if I could simply "de-brand" these devices by installing the firmware files found on XM's servers (they offer a download for the 1520 product identifier which their CMS tells me it thinks these devices have, although I am not entirely sure what might happen if I install it...).

I have a similar camera; different re-brand, but CMS2 reports it the same as yours. What did you end up doing with yours? Did you resolve the issue?

I have an issue where if I view the stream with anything except CMS2, the live stream is 30+ seconds behind! I updated my firmware to 2.4.5274 using the options in CMS2 to attempt to correct, but it didn't help. Your approach may be the answer if you tried it and it resolved your issues.

strange how this is the only link showing up when googling for the version string

though i don't have a problem per sé with my harex-branded cam, i too am wondering if it is possible to flash it with XM firmware.

one of the reasons for wanting to do this: the harex-branded cam has a dirty "phone home" habbit, constantly trying to reach chinese servers...

none of my XM cameras do this, and since i still havent found anyone who knows the telnet information for the harex-branded firmware...

so if anyone would know either the telnet login or if flashing XM firmware is possible, i'd be very interested to hear.

That is how I found it, too!

I have not had any progress on this, mostly as janos666 has yet to respond, but it being about 2 years, there may not be much hope on such an "old" idea...

I bought this camera from Amazon..but software is utterly useless. Anyone know of alternative software? Motion detection send via email is not working for me.