n.khaznadar

Axis Cameras with Optical Zooming / Bullet Camera

Hi all,

i am looking for an Axis solution for a Bank premises.

the client wants Bullet IP cam's with Optical Zooming and preferably Axis Brand.

I have saw Q1765-LE on Axis website and it seems will do the needed.

I need a 64 Channel NVR that can support this camera and recording of at least 3 month. ( Axis also ).

any recommendation please of what goes together for such requirement ?

many thanks!

Nour Eddin

Do you plan to use the Q1765-LE cameras inside or outside?

We have issues with them going out of focus when they are B/W mode.

I would recommend Avigilon's ACC software with Axis cameras or if you want Avigilon has some very nice bullet cameras with optical zoom that you should check out.

Help me out here;

why would anyone want a camera with optical zoom if they're not going to mount them on a pan/tilt base? I don't see the point of zooming in on a fixed object.

Help me out here;

why would anyone want a camera with optical zoom if they're not going to mount them on a pan/tilt base? I don't see the point of zooming in on a fixed object.

Exactly..

Remote zoom and focus cameras are quit popular at this point. The Axis camera he is talking about is 18x optical zoom which is useful for LP reads of cars over 200ft away. Having remote zoom and focus make setup much less time consuming then manual zoom and focus cameras. So its mainly useful as a setup tool then anything else.

Help me out here;

say you have a mounting point that is 5 stories high and you want to catch the ground floor from there....optical zoom would essentially make it look like it was mounted just a story or 2 high and people wouldnt look like ants

Many thanks guys for the suggestions and support .. sorry for the late reply but i didn't get any notification about this topic.

and yes optical zooming is really in demand now. !

many thanks again, i got an idea about what to use.