Sign in to follow this  
newseccam

LaView NVR Net HDD Help

I just purchased the LaView NVR with 4 PoE cameras (LV-KN988P84A4) and I cannot get the Net HDD to recognize my WD My Cloud NAS. I have a public share setup on the nas at 192.168.1.44\pub\ipcams.

When I try to add a Net HDD (using NAS and not IP SAN) I can hit "search" after entering the IP address of the NAS 192.168.1.44 and the only thing it returns is /nfs. I read in a post on WD's site that WD disabled NFS shares in the latest firmware on the my cloud. Can I not add any other share in the LaView management software? I have tried \pub\ipcams\; \pub\ipcams; \pub\; and \pub but all show as offline. I really want to add a network drive so I can save redundant footage in the event the whole unit is stolen.

If the WD My cloud isn't an option is there another NAS or Raspberry pie type device to set shares that I can use with the LaView?

I just purchased the LaView NVR with 4 PoE cameras (LV-KN988P84A4) and I cannot get the Net HDD to recognize my WD My Cloud NAS. I have a public share setup on the nas at 192.168.1.44\pub\ipcams.

When I try to add a Net HDD (using NAS and not IP SAN) I can hit "search" after entering the IP address of the NAS 192.168.1.44 and the only thing it returns is /nfs. I read in a post on WD's site that WD disabled NFS shares in the latest firmware on the my cloud. Can I not add any other share in the LaView management software? I have tried \pub\ipcams\; \pub\ipcams; \pub\; and \pub but all show as offline. I really want to add a network drive so I can save redundant footage in the event the whole unit is stolen.

If the WD My cloud isn't an option is there another NAS or Raspberry pie type device to set shares that I can use with the LaView?

I know this is old, but did you ever find a solution that worked for you? I'm in the same boat right now.

Thanks!

-Stephen

I know this is old, but did you ever find a solution that worked for you? I'm in the same boat right now.

Thanks!

-Stephen

Nope, sorry never did still looking for a solution.

We recently had some vandalism of vehicles. My neighbor has this system and can’t figure out how to get the footage out. It was 3:23 am but it won’t even let him log in. I saw some of his night video and the quality was so low I’m not sure it would be of any use. I’d still like to get my hands on it so I can post it everywhere hoping someone will recognize them. He has 2mp cameras. Hope yours is better. He just installed his recently and doesn’t seem to know how to use it. Maybe he could adjust it for a better picture at night.