traderjay

First time AVIGILON User and newbie questions for the Pros :

Greetings everyone - this is my first post and I look forward to learning the ins and outs of the CCTV world from all the pros here. I've recently purchased an Avigilon 5MP HD Bullet camera and I can't wait for it to arrive to begin the install. I've a few questions that need clarification:

- Do I have to use standalone software (avigilon or third party) for video recording or can I point it directly to my NAS? I have a very powerful FreeNAS system with storage dedicated to IP Camera recording

- If WIFI signal is strong, I can use a WIFI bridge with Avigilon cameras for areas without Ethernet cables?

Greetings everyone - this is my first post and I look forward to learning the ins and outs of the CCTV world from all the pros here. I've recently purchased an Avigilon 5MP HD Bullet camera and I can't wait for it to arrive to begin the install. I've a few questions that need clarification:

- Do I have to use standalone software (avigilon or third party) for video recording or can I point it directly to my NAS? I have a very powerful FreeNAS system with storage dedicated to IP Camera recording

- If WIFI signal is strong, I can use a WIFI bridge with Avigilon cameras for areas without Ethernet cables?

Of course, you should use Avigilon soft

if u want to use full capability of your camera

Of course, you should use Avigilon soft

if u want to use full capability of your camera

Thanks for the reply - can you PM me the price of the software for a simple home setup with max of 3 cameras? Also do you have the HD Bullet camera junction box for sale?

Hi. I hope you have a true avigilon ....we got asked to look at a customers 4 new avigilon 5mp IP cameras from allied... He got upset when we would not help ... China crap with avigilon name on

Hi. I hope you have a true avigilon ....we got asked to look at a customers 4 new avigilon 5mp IP cameras from allied... He got upset when we would not help ... China crap with avigilon name on

Pretty certain its the real deal but if its fake I'll get my money back via Ebay Seller protection Thanks for pointing this out! This is the USA seller - e-cyclepro with very good rating

Yes

YES

What else do u want to know?

Yes

YES

I chatted with AVIGILON tech support and they indicated that one can record directly to a network drive w/o the use of their software. I understand this does not allow me to take full functionality of the camera but certain settings can be configured via the camera's own web GUI interface?

The reason I am asking if it is possible to record w/o AVIGILON software is because I already have a very powerful server at home and do not want another dedicated CCTV monitor PC.

Yes

YES

I chatted with AVIGILON tech support and they indicated that one can record directly to a network drive w/o the use of their software. I understand this does not allow me to take full functionality of the camera but certain settings can be configured via the camera's own web GUI interface?

The reason I am asking if it is possible to record w/o AVIGILON software is because I already have a very powerful server at home and do not want another dedicated CCTV monitor PC.

I think your request hasn't been conveyed to support properly. You can't record to a NAS directly from the camera you CAN record to the NAS using iSCSI protocol IF your using ACC software.

Yes

YES

just about all cameras allow recording of triggered events(motion\tamperring etc etc)to a nas without separate software so i would imagine these can too

Avigilon Server software would be installed on your server.

Thanks all for the replies! I've just received the camera and I quickly powered it up to see what it is capable of and I gotta say it is absolutely day and night difference than anything else that is out there.

Can't wait to have the camera mounted and put into actual use soon! I also have a Avigilon PTZ 2 MP coming and should be another piece of interesting equipment

I am just a regular home user but work in the tech industry so I have a special affinity towards well built and designed products. Glad to see that in the day and age of commoditization from offshore vendors, there is still a very strong contender from Canada shaping the industry!

Thanks all for the replies! I've just received the camera and I quickly powered it up to see what it is capable of and I gotta say it is absolutely day and night difference than anything else that is out there.

Can't wait to have the camera mounted and put into actual use soon! I also have a Avigilon PTZ 2 MP coming and should be another piece of interesting equipment

I am just a regular home user but work in the tech industry so I have a special affinity towards well built and designed products. Glad to see that in the day and age of commoditization from offshore vendors, there is still a very strong contender from Canada shaping the industry!

Glad you like it!

Which model did you get?

Glad you like it!

Which model did you get?

Helooo Fellow Canadian - I just received this model - 5 MP HD Bullet Camera and the 2 MP HD PTZ (Pendant style) is on the way! Now I need to final a local place where I can buy high quality outdoor rated CAT6 cables.

By the way, is there a way to find out how many hours has the camera been used through the internal logs?

Helooo Fellow Canadian - I just received this model - 5 MP HD Bullet Camera and the 2 MP HD PTZ (Pendant style) is on the way! Now I need to final a local place where I can buy high quality outdoor rated CAT6 cables.

By the way, is there a way to find out how many hours has the camera been used through the internal logs?

Where do u live?

Where do u live?

Toronto, Ontario.