Ozone

Acti KCM-5611 Powers via 12v but not POE?

As the title says when I plug in POE into the KCM5611, it wont power on. Yet when I connect a 12v power source, they power on and work perfectly(This is happening to BOTH 5611's). Is there an option to turn the POE off in the settings or something? Ideas? They were bought used.

I have tried the POE injector I used originally with another IP camera, I assumed it might have been faulty so I bought a POE switch with 4 POE slots, still wont power on. So it has to be the cameras.

Edit: Factory reset did not work. Maybe the POE port is fried? The pins look like they're in good condition.

Edit x2: Maybe the pins for the ethernet cables need to be moved around. Ugh.

Edit x3: Tried opening it up, took the front cover off, I assume I have to take apart the lens piece by piece to get to the ethernet port?

Edit x4: Since I just bought this switch, is it possible to splice open the cable and connect the power and negative from the ethernet to the power slot on the back of the camera? Or will it not work?

Opened it up and found what was burned. The CoilCraft FA2925-AL. It's the PoE part of the camera. I wonder if I unsolder it an resoldet on a new one it will work? Ideas?

Opened it up and found what was burned. The CoilCraft FA2925-AL. It's the PoE part of the camera. I wonder if I unsolder it an resoldet on a new one it will work? Ideas?

You beat me to it. Whenever they take a power surge POE is the first thing that goes.

Do you think if I switched out the POE transformer that it will power up? I'm about to order two. The thing is they already work fine with 12v but I would really like them to work with POE. I just hope if I switch out the Poe transformer that I wont fry the camera. I figure its worth a shot though.

I have never been in them that deep to know.

I guess I will be. If anyone else has some knowledge on the subject feel free to chime in.

Any word on the poe transformer replacement? Pins 6-10 sure are in a tight spot. My solder wick may be too thick. I ordered two of the transformers tonight but I will probably have to order solder wick which will take days. Hopefully I can get it in there this weekend. I'm interested in your resolve.

Any word on the poe transformer replacement? Pins 6-10 sure are in a tight spot. My solder wick may be too thick. I ordered two of the transformers tonight but I will probably have to order solder wick which will take days. Hopefully I can get it in there this weekend. I'm interested in your resolve.

Replacing the transformer still did not allow them to power over POE. I just installed the camera and ran a 12v wire to power the camera. I took it to an electronic repair guy to replace the transformers but he couldnt get it to work over POE. I cut my loses at that.