Sign in to follow this  
JohnAJohnson

Hikvision 5.2.5 NAS Patch

I've been researching this problem for two weeks on this and other forums and could sure use some help.

I am running V5.1.2 build 140116 (patched to fix the "uninitialized" problem) on four Hikvision cameras and have been successfully writing video to a 4TB WD My Cloud NAS (SMB/CIFS) for a couple of years now.

I just bought three more cameras and they contain V5.2.5 build 141201, and I can't figure out how to modify them to work with the WD NAS (to combat the "uninitialized" problem).

I bricked one by TFTP'ing 5.1.2 to it and don't want to try that again. Best as I can tell from reading, you can't downgrade these but if you know a way, I've been happy with 5.1.2. Otherwise, can they be upgraded to 5.3? Would it be easier to patch than 5.2.5?

I downloaded the patched 5.2.5 davinci.tar.gz from another site and can't figure out how to install it in the camera. I can telnet into the camera (putty), but the 5.2.5 firmware doesn't have ftpput or ftpget, and I have been unable to FTP into the camera even after successfully doing a "setFtpService start".

If anyone has patched firmware (digicap.dav) that'll work with this camera, I'd appreciate a link. If not, or there isn't a practical way to patch the firmware on these new Hikvisions, I'm open to recommendations on a new NAS that will work with Hikvisions. Thanks in advance.