Sign in to follow this  
YeahMon

Dahua cameras on Hikvision NVR no Live View in browser

I have my NVR (DS-7600) up and running, and can see the 4 Dahua cameras just fine on my TV. I can remotely log into the NVR from my computer, but when I go to Live View, it says "The stream is encrypted. Please go to the Local Configuration interface to set the Encryption Key and restart live view."

Sure enough there is a section for an encryption key, and it has 5 dots already in it. I can change it to whatever I want without error, but still no live view. I cannot delete it, as it just repopulates.

WTH goes there? I have searched high and low and cannot find anyone else having or had the same issue.

I have tried changing the protocol from TCP to UDP to MULTICAST, and get the same results from all 3 choices. Makes no sense.

TIA.

Is the stream encrypted from Dahua IP Camera ?

My normal advice to customers is even though there are ONVIF compatible equipment, try to stick to same brand for IP Cameras and NVR.

The onvif only support the very basic features of the cameras. There are normally tons of vendor specific features that are not available through the onvif interface.

Well, in the camera settings there is no option for encryption that I can see, so I'm not sure why it's doing that. Everything works on the NVR, it's just when I try to log into the NVR from my browser that it says the video is encrypted. Weird. There is an option for an encryption key in the NVR settings though.

Sorry, never tried matching like this.

I normally advice using the same brand of cameras and NVR and don't trust the ONVIF stuff.

It takes a lot more effort to set that up and does not have a 100% compatible rate even if they stated ONVIF.

From what I know, HIKVISION encrypted stream is only meant for their EZVIZ P2P connection. Not too sure if it is meant for their direct connection.

I had the exact same problem. The encryption key is located on the machine itself under the control settings of the network. Where the P2P section is, you will see where it's enabled, the encryption code is called: Verification code located just above the QR code.

On my machine, my network seems to be the main problem. Now that I get the picture, the streaming is extremely slow in refresh, to the point that using my computer is useless.

When these guys set up your camera, they show you how fast it is because they enable the WiFi on your phone which makes is scream. But out in the field, it's slow as heck. Takes over 30sec to show the screen, and breaks with errors like 34999, and 340544. Out of 4 cameras, I'll get maybe 1 or 2 working, the rest with stream errors.

The issue could also be the speed of your DSL line if you have one. Mine shows 3.13mbp/sec but when the camera is up and running, it drops to 2.01 and less.

Another issue was installing the default CD that came with the unit. Close to impossible to work with. Refresh was way too slow, and I got 1 camera to display but not the other 3. Going to their website and downloading the latest iVMS-4200 software, I now have all 4 cameras up and showing.

Just to rehash, the encryption code is found on the machine (DVR) itself under CONFIGURATION/NETWORK/ACCESS PLATFORM. Under ENABLE STREAM ENCRYPTION should be checked so you can access via your cell phone, and under VERIFICATION CODE is your encryption key.

On the computer, launch the client, click on the DEVICE MANAGEMENT tab at the top of the newer version of the client software (v2.5.0.5 build 160512). on the right side of the screen where the camera's are, double click on one of them, look for STREAM KEY and put your VERIFICATION CODE there. It should work.