kguid333

Hikvision iVMS Playback issue

I have this issue where when I am viwing live playback on the IP Cameras, they begin to get out of sync with each other and main time. If I'm viewing them on the iVMS software from my phone, no problems. The DVR stays in sync all the time. It's only when viewing playback from PC. I don't understand the issue. I can stop playback then restart and it's all in sync then slowly starts to get away. It gets as bad as I can see the same person on 3 different cameras.

Any ideas?

I have this issue where when I am viwing live playback on the IP Cameras, they begin to get out of sync with each other and main time. If I'm viewing them on the iVMS software from my phone, no problems. The DVR stays in sync all the time. It's only when viewing playback from PC. I don't understand the issue. I can stop playback then restart and it's all in sync then slowly starts to get away. It gets as bad as I can see the same person on 3 different cameras.

Any ideas?

Fairly old thread, but wanted to say I am also having the same problem with IVMS-4200. The cameras gradually get more and more out of sync, 45 seconds or more over a few hour time period. It's spooky. You see a car go by, and 45 seconds later the same car goes by.

You will have to go back to Hkvision support.

The usually is due to video buffering issue in the VMS, in your case IVMS-4200. If there is any settings that concern buffering, you can try to fiddle with them.

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to follow up that I am using a DS-7616NI-E2/8P NVR viewed with the IVMS-4500HD app for Android. I am also using Blue Iris.

I found an app called Tiny Cam Monitor which works reliably with ONVIF/HikVision cameras and supports hardware H.264 decoding. So running on a tablet with Wi-Fi it produces nice quality, smooth framerate. Seems like a pretty complete app.

Presently I have the cameras joined to it directly, bypassing the NVR, using UDP. No buffering/sync issues anymore. I will try reconfiguring it through the NVR again later and see what that yields.