Dixit

QSee Motion sensitivity and threshold settings

Q-See's manuals are horrible. Doesn't explain what the setting means technically and what side of the scale means what.

Sensitivity - I know this means how sensitive it is on movements, is 0 the lowest or 100 the lowest? Im thinking 100 means very sensitive. Btw some manuals on Qsee only show something like 1 to 7, but this one has 0 to 100 I believe.

Threshold - This goes from 0 to 100, again not really sure what this means, and don't know what 0 means or what 100 means.

I have a problem where I feel like its not recording the initial parts of a video clip, like if I walked up to my garage door and it can see a good portion of me walking upto it, the clip usually has just me standing in front of the door, and missed all the walking up to it, the pre-record is set to 10secs (highest I can set it). So not getting why Im missing parts of the beginning on a lot of activity.

Dixit

Capture.PNG.35fd6318ab50188e4e8167ca03f2606f.PNG

set your area of motion detection up using retangles around the edges of your screen as well as through the middle so that it looks for motion as you enter the frame. Set your sensitivity up at 5 for one week and review your recorded video. Then set your sensitivity up at 95 for the next week and do the same. Find your happy place and lock it in. Remeber that too much sensitivity will fill up your HDD.

You are correct in not knowing which sensitivity is the highest. Some systems are set at zero as the most sensitive and some are the other end of the spectrum

Good Luck

I found this on networkcameracritic from almost 2 years ago "The Sensitivity is the amount of change required in the image to trigger an event. So setting to the 100 means any pixels change, it’s a change, so setting it to 50 would mean if half the pixels change. It’s probably not that precise, but that’s the gist of how it works on most cameras. Threshold is the level of change required for it to trigger an event which is several factors like speed and intensity of change. So If you want to capture very large objects, you can set the sensitivity way down if you are trying to capture bunnies hopping on your driveway, you would set it very high, but then set the threshold high enough to minimize false motion detects. It’s all trial an error...."

I set the sensitivity of one cam to about 85, then threshold to zero and it recorded almost continuous motion. Then I set the threshold to 3 and it records if I tap my foot, but then stops when I do.