funkster

iVMS-4200 on Mac, can't download files

iVMS-4200 v 1.02.01.03

When I control-click on a recording , after searching for it in remote playback, and click Download I am shown a window, I am shown a list of files in file download window. All are labelled "waiting". I click on Download and nothing happens, except a message saying "failed to download. Error code 17. opening file failed. I also can't find any other way to download or save files.

In fact, when I try to do other things using control-click when playing back files (e.g. Capture, Start recording) I also get similar error messages.

Is something basically wrong with my installation. How can I download or save files, which is important?

I also have iVMS-4500 on my iphone, where it seems very simple to save files or sections of them. Problem there however, is that I can't seem to go back more than about 48 hours.

Your problem is probably related to permissions; iVMS-4200 does not have access to write files on the directory where it is being told to do so.

Hi Thanks for reply. About permissions: I went to Account Management, and see I am recognised and listed beside User Type as a Super User and beside User name as my own name, both with password apparently already entered. Under User Privilege every box is ticked for every activity, including Download Remote Record File(s).

Is this what you were referring to. I don't know where one would set permission to "write files on the directory where it is being told to do so".

I'm not sure either about logging in as a user. I was set up as an Admin and as a User by the installer. The previous time I launched iVMS-4200, no users or administrators were shown in Account Management window. The next time, they were shown as above. I am never asked to log in anyway, so don't give it much thought.

I was actually referring to OS X permissions, that iVMS-4200 ha access to write the downloaded files on the folder where it is being told to do so.

But you should also check out permissions on the account you are using on the DVR, of course.

I've had the same exact problem.

And the issue was resolved by changing the settings of file recording in the IVMS-4200 settings.

When you are in the app, go to System tab in left top corner of your laptop screen (tabs showing on the top left corner: iVMS-4200, File, System, View, Tool, Help). Then choose System Configuration. Then choose File tab on the left in system configuration window. And choose the saving path for your videos, pictures and config files (choose the path anywhere on your your mac). Then need to SAVE it all.

Hope this helps

Can anyone comment on how well iVMS-4200 is working out for them, on the Mac?

What about the Safari browser plugin?

Also, HikVision says the Mac & Windows versions do not have the same features (less features on Mac) but I can't find a list anywhere of which features are missing on the Mac version.