lobohowler

Hikvision activated camera - can't add

I recently purchased 3 Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS dome cameras from an authorized USA dealer. After connecting the camera to the PoE switch and allowing it to power up, iVMS-4200 discovers the camera in Device Management/Show Online Devices. I am able to change the camera IP, and changed it to 192.168.0.10. When I try to add the camera in Device Management, I get the following error message:

Import failed. Connection failed: Device offline or connection timeout

Any ideas on what to try next? Thanks for looking.

Computer: MacBook Pro

Camera: Connected to a Zyxel PoE switch; switch connected to router

Network: 100 MBps download, 50 MBps upload, Cat6 ethernet wiring

Router/Modem IP address: 192.168.0.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Port: 8000

Try setting another IP address. Many router's DHCP servers start providing addresses starting from 10, so it's possible that 192.168.0.10 is already assigned to another device. Try some higher address like 192.168.0.200

Did anyone find a solution?

I'm having the exact same problem. I've been googling for 12 straight hours and it's driving me nuts!

I have to have it up and running in a few hours, no exceptions...

Edit:

I'm sorry to say that the solution was to use a PC...

The camera needs to be on the same subnet as the router, but changing the camera's ip-adress on the Mac version of iVMS-4200 (v1.02.02.02) only works if they are already on the same subnet...

The camera defaults to 192.168.1.64. And as other people with the same problem, my router is set to 192.168.0.1

A workaround is to first change the router to 192.168.1.1 and then change the camera. But that option is for some odd reason blocked in my router.

So the only option was to install Windows on my Mac. And then changing the camera's ip-adress using the Windows version of iVMS-4200.

I.e it all boils down to an old, or just crappy, version of the software for Mac...