yeswife

New Camera Setup help - two way audio

hello all,

so im planning on installing 8 x IPC-HFW8331E-Z(bullet version) and IPC-HDBW8331E-Z (dome version)

I have DAHUA NVR7408-8P.

question is how can i listen and speak through to the camera from the dahua iphone app iDMSS Plus ?

the setup im doing is this:

HFW camera have these ports:

audio out

audio in

PoE

12v

I will be connecting only the network cable to it so i can give it power and video.

with the audio part, can i simply run a 12v speak with audio input connected to the HFW audio out port this will give me speaker audio right ?

with the microphone part, could i run cheap ebay microphone powered by 12v with RCA ports to the audio in of the camera ?

will this allow me to connect to the NVR via the iphone app and press the microphone button and allow me to communicate with on the other end ??

lastly I also looked at poe interfaces which will reduce the need of additional 12v power cable run

http://www.etsnm.com/interface.html#sma1-lpea

does anyone have any ideas on this ?

many thanks

What I will be doing is:

Cam connected to NVR via Cat6 (this will data/power) as for the audio it will be connected to a small 12v amplifier near or next to the cam (this one http://www.altronics.com.au/p/a0720-kemo-12w-plug-and-play-mono-amplifier-module)

I also have a 12v Mic using the same 12v for the amp connected to the camera, also close by near the cam. and a speaker coming from the amp.

With the above setup, when using the app you can talk directly to the camera with two-way audio.

As for the NVR base station, When speaking into it via the mic connected to it, it will only produce audio connected FROM the base station and NOT the cam.

maybe a update firmware might fix this, but Dahua is a pain to deal with.