netjumper

New setup with Hikvision nvr 7608

Hi,

I'm a newbie trying to setup my surveillance at home. My setup is

Hikvision NVR 7608

External POE switch

Basically I have 3 Hikvision IP cameras connected to a External POE switch in my garage which is connected to my home LAN. My NVR is in a different part of my house also connected to my home LAN. All 3 of my devices have the IP address space of 192.168.1.X along with all of the IP cameras. I changed the IP with the SADP tool. The problem I'm running into is I'm unable to add the cameras in the NVR without having to run individual cables from each of the built-in POE ports on the NVR to the external switch. The support page on the HIk site says I have to run cables from the built-in ports to my external switch. Is there an alternative way to do this. The whole puporse of external switch is to not use the built-in POE ports. Has anyone run into this ?

Also the built-in POE ports seem to come up on a different subnet for some reason. so 192.168.253 something. Is there a way to change that ?

Would really appreciate any help. Fairly new to the cctv world !

You don't have to change the built in poe network.

Your NVR should be connected to your network from the WAN port.

I assumed you configured your Camera IP and NVR WAN IP to the same subnet.

Just manually key in the Camera IP to your WAN Camera configuration.

Using SADP and connecting to your home network, you should be able to detect all Cameras and NVR on it. If you can't, there's some connection issues somewhere.

Thanks for the reply ! I was able to add the cameras to the built-in channels with my external Poe switch. It even shows the ip configured on the cameras as 192.168.1.x network same as my LAN. My nvr wan port is connected to my home wifi router on my 192.168.1.x network. If i try to setup recording the nvr seems to not recognize the cameras for some weird reason. It's almost like its treating them as not on the channels.

If you are connecting the camera to your POE switch which is then conencted to the POE Switch of the NVR, then you gotta configured the cameras IP to the subnet of the NVR, i.e. "192.168.253 something" according to your first post.