Sign in to follow this  
oxonian

Brand and model recommendation for home system please

Hello friends,

I am in the Houston, TX area.

I hope everyone is doing well. I want to buy a 16 channel system with a NVR for residential use. I believe I should get at least 2MP.

I would like to have night vision and also the ability to view the camera on my smart phone.

This is for home use, I will put about 6 cameras around the home, including the garage, one in the stable, and two in the main gate.

I plan to use dome cameras around the home and in the stable, and two bullet cameras in the main gate.

I want to buy a 16 channel system in case I need to expand the number of cameras later on.

I have read that Hikvision and Dahua are good options, can anyone recommend good models for the camera and NVR?

I have a friend who has a license to buy hardware from dealers like ADI, so, I can use his help to get the hardware if needed, or through vendors on here.

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you so much,

Oxonian

I got some advice to opt for a turret camera instead of the dome near the garage, so I will look into that.

Here is a quote I got via a friend who can buy from an authorized Hikvision dealer in the USA

288062_1.png

1 HX-N7716P2T 16CH/NVR/POE/HDMI/100MBPS/2TB 787.99 787.99

6 HX-OD32V 3MP/VANDM/IR/3-12M/-30C/IP66 303.99 1823.94

4 HX-BL32V 3MP/BULET/IR/2.8-12M/IP66/-30C 303.99 1215.96

Any thoughts on the equipment and pricing on this system please?

Thank you so much,

oxonian