Sign in to follow this  
stevecali

Dahua POE camera not showing up on LaView NVR/system?

Hello all!

I've been reading on the forums for awhile but finally signed up. I just set up the follow LaView system: LaView LV-KN988P84A4 from newegg here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881183059 The NVR is a LaView: LV-N9908C8E updated to the latest firmware from the LaView site.

I am able to get the it up and running with good picture quality with the included 4mm 2mp bullet cams. I purchased an additional turret camera, specifically a Dahua IPC-HDW4300C, mostly for the 2.8mm lens and good IR, for the front of the house.

However, I can't seem to get access to the camera, the NVR doesn't recognize it, which I expected, because I have to log into the camera first and change the IP address. I tried logging into it from the default "http://192.168.1.108/" and it doesn't connect. It'll just say connection timed out from trying many times to access it.

To trouble shoot, I continued to do everything I can to access it "Dahua's ConfigTool" "SADPTool" and using "Advanced IP Scanner" to try to find what IP address it is assigned. With no hope.

I know the custom ran CAT6 cable is good, because when I connected one of the LaView bullet cameras, it showed video and everything was well. The Dahua IPC-HDW4300C is already mounted and the powered, the IR sensor comes on as it should as night.

Is there something I am missing or do you think I should exchange the camera? This my first time sitting it up, please help, thank you!

IP Cameras are not like normal analogue system.

Even though with ONVIF compliance, they are supposed to be compatible, they sometimes are not.

Most likely your LAView's NVR will not be able to detect Dahua Camera's through Plug and Play feature. You'll need to configure it manually.

Setup your Dahua's Camera to your LAView's NVR subnet with a IP currently not assigned to other Laview's IP camera.

Understand you can't connect to the Dahua's IP Camera.

Take it down, connect to your home network through a short span of network cable and then try to configure it.

Eliminate the cabling issues or problem that might arises from incompatibility issues from your Laview system first.

IP Cameras are not like normal analogue system.

Even though with ONVIF compliance, they are supposed to be compatible, they sometimes are not.

Most likely your LAView's NVR will not be able to detect Dahua Camera's through Plug and Play feature. You'll need to configure it manually.

Setup your Dahua's Camera to your LAView's NVR subnet with a IP currently not assigned to other Laview's IP camera.

Understand you can't connect to the Dahua's IP Camera.

Take it down, connect to your home network through a short span of network cable and then try to configure it.

Eliminate the cabling issues or problem that might arises from incompatibility issues from your Laview system first.

Hi Daryl!

I would like to say, thank you so much for your help! I was able to take the camera down, hook it up to a POE injector and connected it to another switch on my network and was able to sign into the Dahua's default setup screen. I set it all up. changed the IP address to 192.168.254.108, 192.168.254 was the default address for my other LaView camera. Disconnected it from the POE injector, plugged it back into the LaView NVR, changed the IP address for the camera, protocol set to ONVIF and typed the Dahua's log in information and VIOLA! it shows up!!!

I only have one other problem now, it seems the video is flipped horizontally. So I tried to log back into camera through http://192.168.254.108 but it's doesn't seem to be connecting to it. Or any of my other LaView cameras for that matter.

Any idea why? Thanks again for you help in this matter, I really appreciate it.

Are you connecting your laptop to one of the POE Lan port on the NVR ?

If you are connecting to your other network, you'll not be able to access the Camera configuration page unless your NVR have option to do port forwarding as well (The NVR's basically also a router).