Sign in to follow this  
philjayj

Import from China...4K Dome DS-2CD4585F-IZH?

Hi,

I have a few questions and would really appreciate any help/advice. I'm looking to buy a few Hikvision 4K outdoor dome cameras, specifically the DS-2CD4585F-IZ(H).

I'm seeing them on some UK sites for £800-900 but I'm also finding them on Chinese sites for £300. The Chinese sites don't specifically refer to them as Hikvision but they do use the same model number.

Also on the Chinese sites, I'm seeing two language versions - Multi-language and English - with the cheaper cameras being multi-language.

So, my questions are:

1. Are the cheaper £300 cameras on Chinese sites genuine? Are they Hikvision?

2. What's the difference between the two language versions? Is the multi-language version straightforward for a non-Chinese speaker to follow?

3. If the cheaper Chinese cameras aren't genuine, what firmware would I use? Will Hikvision firmware work?

I'm in Hong Kong quite a but with work so getting hold of the cheaper cameras will be easy, but am I wasting my money? Should I even be considering the cheaper cameras?

Many thanks for your help

Phil

HIKVISION produce their camera for local market and international market differerently, mainly with different firmware (not too sure if it's only limited to firmware or other internal hardware as well).

There's quite a number of online China vendor that took the sets meant for local(china) market and flash/hacked them with international firmware.

They are a lot cheaper than getting from authorised source, but HIKVISION and your local authorised reseller/distributor will not support them.

You'll have to figure out how to get it working properly/troubleshoot it yourself if you have any issues.

And it's not advisable to upgrade their firmware as doing so vie the normal way would possibly brick them.