apples12

Dahua NVR8POE - how to set up DynDNS to allow remote viewing

Hi all,

I have a 'Qvis'/Dahua NVR8POE NVR unit currently connected to 4 3mp qvis IP Dome Cams

Is there a guide somewhere to set up the DynDNS so I can enable remote viewing on my android phone and tablet?

Also, for some reason, the hard drive fills up and then it will not overwrite old data despite me selecting the 'overwrite' when full option and telling it to auto-delete files older than 14days?

Is there a better/more user friendly 8 channel NVR which can handle 3mp cameras?

many thanks

Also, for some reason, the hard drive fills up and then it will not overwrite old data despite me selecting the 'overwrite' when full option and telling it to auto-delete files older th

Hi. Did a installer put your system in . Because this is a classic example of the owner not using or having the admin password. So you don't have any options to change menu settings.

As far as ddns. That is also simple but you need admin rights to your dvr.

Settings - network- accounts- then click on p2p then either use the QR code or the serial number on your smart device.

If your using qvis are you in the UK.? You might be able to get a free static IP from your ISP

Hi,

many thanks for the reply

I have the admin password (meaning i can login using the 'admin' account) on the device

i am in the UK, but due to change ISP next week (from BT to Sky fibre)

is there such a way as to get email alerts as/when there are any movements between certain hours on this NVR?

the app I am using is the gdmss HD lite app - i also have the iapollo pro app on my phone but this rapidly used date! the gdmss app is much better

many thanks