YannFr

Synology : Best NVR ever ?

Hi everybody !

Simple question : without taking into account money, do you think that Synology (with Surveillance Station) is the best/complete/efficient/reliable/secure NVR for a IP surveillance system ?

If you think no, what is the best NVR system ?

Thank you !

PS : It's important that it works with Mac !

Working with Mac and "best system" tend to be mutually exclusive since the vast majority of systems don't work with Macs.

Working with Mac and "best system" tend to be mutually exclusive since the vast majority of systems don't work with Macs.

Yes sure, but Surveillance Station works perfectly on Mac via a Web browser

When I say "works on Mac" I mean you can access and set the NVR, see records etc... Like SS

And your point is...?

Again, very few Surveillance systems are designed to work with Apple products. Calling one "the best" just because it does work with Macs is like calling an Amphicar the best because it was the only motor vehicle that was also a boat (actually, not the only one now but you know what I mean).

This is not what I meant. The best for me would be the most complete video recorder as possible but also allows to be controlled from a Mac (not necessarily a dedicated Mac application but you can take remote control for example, or that works via a web browser). I now know that Synology that allows this with SS, but I do not know if there are other such systems. But also, I would like to know, from the point of view of experts, if SS is a good NVR system.