funkadelic

updating Swann NVR8-7200 using hikvision firmware?

i have a Swann NVR8-7200 NVR that i purchased from costco a few years back and from what I understand, it is a rebranded Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P. Should I be able to upgrade the firmware using the DS-7608NI-E2/8P firmware?

I downloaded the latest firmware from here (the "DS-76xxNI-E1(E2)P/DS-76xxNI-E1(E2)P_USA_Firmware_V3.3.6_151229" one) and tried to update in iVMS-4200 but it results in an "Upgrading failed" message.

For reference, this is what my swann reports in iVMS-4200 (iVMS-4200 version 2.5.0.3 build20160330 ):

thanks in advance for any advice,

-norm

Screenshot_052616_093218_PM.jpg.d8dfe81d73e5a7425f97a504dc2081cb.jpg

Standard firmware might not work on rebanded equipment.

The inside might not be the standard hardware mix.

funkadelic, I have the identical unit, firmware and all as you... have you added a second drive to it? I have, and since have had recorded video freeze after the first 5 seconds..

funkadelic, I have the identical unit, firmware and all as you... have you added a second drive to it? I have, and since have had recorded video freeze after the first 5 seconds..

i haven't added an additional drive

Funkadelic,

Did you ever get things to work with your Swann NVR?

I have the Swann NVR8-7200 that came with four Swann HD-820cams (1080p). I recently bought a couple Hikvision DS-2CD2032 1080p cameras to add to my system.

I am not a 'technical' person at all and don't have the money to buy/install an entire new system. I'm trying to get my Hikvision cameras to work with my Swann NVR. Thus far, googling led me to this forum.

I attached what I'm looking at with iVMS-4200 and the camera configuration from my Swann NVR.

I've tried setting the Hikvision cameras to ONVIF, but they remain 'disconnected.'

I read something about installing Hikvision firmware onto the Swann NVR8-7200 to make the NVR work with the Swann cameras and the Hikvision cameras, but I am afraid I'll do something wrong and 'brick' the system.

Can anybody give me step by step instructions on what I need to do with working links?

Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me!!

1371922524_iVMS-4200currentversionampcamerainfo.thumb.JPG.720c0838cee8f55a578617919bba913c.JPG