dollerprod

Motion Detection Push Notifications

I am looking for a solution that will allow me to receive instant motion detection alerts. Push notifications on my Android phone specifically.

So, I bought a Foscam C1 on sale on Amazon, which has not been delivered yet, and I am reading some pretty bad reviews, specifically regarding it's motion detection alerts. Also it seems that the Foscam software will only send an email notification. While this may be nearly real time, I think a text message or push notification would be much better way of alerting me.

The Foscam was only $45.

Would a Hikvision camera be better suited than the Foscam for motion alerts by push notification? I seem to be reading better reviews on them

Is there an app that can monitor any camera and send a push notification, while running in the background? Obviously I do not plan on having the app open non-stop and want the notification to come in whether I am doing something else on my phone, or even if the phone is asleep.

The Foscam C1 does have push notifications; it even has a real PIR on the camera. So for that price, it is not a bad purchase.

You can get a push notification on motion detection, audio alert, or PIR alert. It is not THAT bad.

Oh perfect then.

Is it an email that the email app will notify me of, or a different type of notification? Will I get the push notification even if the Foscam app is not running? Even if the phone is asleep?

What is PIR?

It is a PUSH NOTIFICATION! You can also use email if you want. Yes, you will get the notification even with the app not running.

PIR = real movement detector, and not video detection.

It is a PUSH NOTIFICATION! You can also use email if you want. Yes, you will get the notification even with the app not running.

PIR = real movement detector, and not video detection.

OK ok! I only meant to clarify that an email app (GMail, Yahoo!, etc.) will give a push notification itself when you get an email, and I wanted to clear up if it was the mail service push, or another type of push that is non-email/ specific only to the motion alert, if that makes sense.

Hello,

maybe you could give https://www.pushsafer.com a try!

Pushsafer makes it easy and safe to send & receive push-notifications in real time on your iOS (iPhone, iPad) device, Android or Windows Phone and Desktop!

You are able to send push-notifications to your devices by EMAIL, through a simple URL / LINK or with our simple API.

This software converts your request (send by eMail, URL, API call) and forwards it as a Push-Notification to your device.

You can set up your push notification by changing title, message, icon, sound, vibration, time to live, url, url title, upload 3 images, the first one is displayed in the notification itself!

If you have questions to our service or API, please feel free to ask.

Regards

Kevin