I bought a NVR that can record "up to 5mp". So I assumed that it also could record 4mp.

But after hours of trying to get the 4mp cameras to work, i discovered that my NVR can record 720, 1080, 3mp and 5mp, but not 4mp.

Too bad

So then I thought, okay, my own fault, lets accept the loss and buy a new NVR again, but this time one that can record 3mp AND 4mp (since i have both).

And... I cannot find any?

Very strange! If the hardware can take on 5mp, why "ban" any lower resolutions?

Any one any tips on a NVR that can record 4mp? (in total 5 cameras : 3 x 4mp, 2 x 3mp)

IP camera : DH-IPC-HDBW4421EP

Resolutions that are not working on my nobrand NVR:

2688x1520

2560x1440

2304x1269

greetings,

Demesmaeker

To answer my own question ( I googled a lot more ) :

The 7608ni-e2 can record 4mp.

To quote other users :

"7608ni-e2 is the one I have doesn't list 4MP but it recorded my 4MP Hik domes when I had them."

"7608N/NI will 100% record 4MP. What you are talking about is compatibility issues with Chinese xxx5 cameras which don't work with the 7600 series for PoE below v3.3.4"

The 7600NI-I2/8P can also record 4mp

To quote other users :

"S-7600NI-I2/8P has arrived, things seem much better than the DS-7608NI-E2 with 4MP cameras"

" The 7600NI-I2 has no PoE ports, so it won't have an issue with the xxx5 cameras and PoE compatibility"

The TC-NR2020M7-S4 can also record 4mp, but not all resolutions that are called 4mp.

Only the one that is 2560 x 1440. (4MP = 2688× 1520 but also 2560× 1440. Both are called 4mp)

I guess you have been mis-lead. To record something does not mean much to an NVR. To be precise, it simply stores the compressed bit streams sent by the cameras that you hooked on. NVR plays back the videos on the monitor by de-compressing the bitstream from HDD or Network. The IP camera does compress the video into compressed bit stream, say 2MP/3MP/4MP/5MP, etc. Stand alone NVRs carry a chipset of a limited capacity to decompress the bit streams. Good chances that your NVR can not handle 4MP or 5MP cameras, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you. I understand now!

Still strange that most NVR-chipset-creators skip 4mp in their standard.

But as you can see in the post above, a few have support for 4mp.

I do not know whys, either. There was a guy, Boogieman, who has promoted 4MP cameras for a quite while. He may know the reason whys? He will get you the answer if he is able to come around this forum. You may give him a bit time before you move down to 2 MP (1080P) cameras. They are supported by almost all NVRs.

I do not know whys, either. There was a guy, Boogieman, who has promoted 4MP cameras for a quite while. He may know the reason whys? He will get you the answer if he is able to come around this forum. You may give him a bit time before you move down to 2 MP (1080P) cameras. They are supported by almost all NVRs.

Please don't listen to sunnykim ..... Guy thinks 2mp is max.

It's max res on the nvrs

The links you have are old models and max per channal of 5mp .... So 4mp will work

The new model is 4K and a max of 19mp

Hi there!

Thank you for the answer.

Today I ordered a 4k NVR that can encode 12mp, 8mp, 6mp, 5mp but 4mp too

I even doublechecked with the provider that it can actually record the format that Dahua 4mp has as the max (2688 x 1520)

model of the NVR : BCS-NVR3202-4K

Now I keep my fingers crossed

Have a great day!

Demesmaeker

Hi there!

Thank you for the answer.

Today I ordered a 4k NVR that can encode 12mp, 8mp, 6mp, 5mp but 4mp too

I even doublechecked with the provider that it can actually record the format that Dahua 4mp has as the max (2688 x 1520)

model of the NVR : BCS-NVR3202-4K

Now I keep my fingers crossed

Have a great day!

Demesmaeker

Hi. You have nothing to worry about that NVR is made by dahua and you are going to get good benifit with it being h265

Hi. You have nothing to worry about that NVR is made by dahua and you are going to get good benifit with it being h265

Have you got an idea what model is behind this model?

Friendly greetings

Demesmaeker

Does any one know what Dahua model is behind this rebrand?

This is how it looks :

Front:

289896_1.jpg

Back:

bcs-nvr3202-4k-32-kanalowy-rejestrator-ip-192mb-s-4k-16353.jpg

Friendly greetings,

Demesmaeker