I feel like this must have come up a hundred thousand times but I'm banging my head against a wall trying to get these IP cameras to work so I could use a little help here.

The list of issues I have had since I started trying to use these IP cameras is long but primary among them is that two of the cameras I have both demand 192.168.1.10 and I can't find any way to change it on either of them!

The first problem camera is a Synshore brand waterproof 1080p bullet style and I have to say it seems very nicely made metal casting; says the 192.168.1.10 address on a sticker on the camera itself along with "admin" and no password to login. When I login to the web interface I get a large central box which shows "plugin not supported" so I'm guessing that would show the picture and then a few buttons around the outside none of which have any settings in them let alone to change the IP address.

The second problem camera is ELP brand and it is disguised to look like a normal PIR sensor but it has a 1080p pinhole camera in it; it's less well built out of plastic but plenty robust enough to mount under the eves of the house. I'm greeted with the same interface as the first camera for web interface so I assume they are either the same company or just using the same firmware.

Both cameras work fine if the other one is not plugged in and quite happy with picture quality.

I have tried a number of options to force IP addresses from my router using the mac addresses to assign static IP to them but they just go ahead and grab 192.168.1.10 regardless.

I have tried the ReadyNAS surveillance addon which works first with either camera and records to NAS and alos tried and "super mini nvr" off ebay for which I have yet to find any ability of recording.

I also have a big HOSAFE camera which claims to have longer range IR than the Synshore but I can't actually connect to it.

These three are all PoE which should at least save me running power to them.

I need to buy a 4th camera covering the internal hallway and ideally a wifi one disguised as a clock or whatever; so I'm open to suggestions on that.

Please help if you can, many thanks for reading.

-----

*added ss of web interface

tempFileForShare_2016-06-17-17-35-19.thumb.jpg.d3ff6eaf9869abd91ed8bf642515e884.jpg

tempFileForShare_2016-06-17-17-36-02.thumb.jpg.1558163ade4caa42c466cf32b33c00a9.jpg

tempFileForShare_2016-06-17-17-37-49.thumb.jpg.51e6000ae4f60e9b5f32bfbd89671084.jpg

There's no way that you will be able to use both cameras at the same time until you change their IP. You can not have two devices on the network with the same IP address.

You need a windows computer to use the cameras, and probably Internet Explorer. The "plugin not supported" message is because you are trying to connect to the cameras from Android.

Thanks; I understand the problem and the issues caused by the ip address clash thats why I'm asking how to fix it.

I'm not trying to get a picture from android I was just showing the lack of options in the web interface with regard to ip address. I am pulling the streams from cameras via onvif so I have no need for the plug in to work.

Thanks

1. Can't you change the IP via ONVIF/client?

2. Some options might appear only if used under Internet Explorer or other compatible browser [but IE is usually a "sure" hit]

I can't find any options in client to set anything on cameras but I'll certainly try IE to see if I get any extra options that way thanks.

We have some minor progress using I/E I have more options around the picture as attached.

However, also as attached, everything is just ??? Rather than text. I assume this is a missing character set and if it wasn't ??? I still wouldn't be able to read it?

None the less I looked through the menus until I found an ip address and then mashed various buttons until it saved it that way.

Does anybody know how I might get the interface in English?

Thanks again

1720036058_picture373475.thumb.jpg.36959c3f1c455be8fdf0bf6d5c11da4f.jpg

48484846_qmark373476.thumb.jpg.dc27b4c0ab827c630f55129fd51a72aa.jpg

We have some minor progress using I/E I have more options around the picture as attached.

However, also as attached, everything is just ??? Rather than text. I assume this is a missing character set and if it wasn't ??? I still wouldn't be able to read it?

None the less I looked through the menus until I found an ip address and then mashed various buttons until it saved it that way.

Does anybody know how I might get the interface in English?

Chinese cameras, chinese texts, which your computer does not support, so it shows those ?????.

If the camera has english you might be able to find it on the setup menus, but you will have to navigate through all the options.

Cameras with that interface usually come with a cd that has CMS software. That software may help you. If you don't have the cd, a google search for CMS camera software will find it.

I know I sound like a broken record but how much did you pay or save buying these cameras? If you had spent a bit more you could get something with tech support provided and not having to go to the bother of learning chinese

£45 delivered for 1080p and IR with poe; these cameras are nice and compact, really well built with cast ali and they have nice solid rubber gaskets where they screw together. What would you recommend as an alternative?

It was something similar for the mini nvr but I haven't really played with that much to comment if I would recommend it.

Anyway we're talking <£250 for the whole 4 camera system.

Incidentally, the guy a bought them from has now responded in his best chinglish with screenshots showing where in the menu to change the language. I'll report back on that once I have hooked everything up again to try it.

I don't mean to sound confrontational about it; just interested to see what cameras and support you would recommend really.

Thanks