notter

DS-2CD2D14WD/M Power Supply

Hello,

I am looking for some feedback for power supply for HikVision DS-2CD2D14WD/M camera. The box did not come with a power supply, due to the long weekend I have not been able to get in touch with the seller.

With that said, I am hoping someone here either knows or has experience working with this camera and can answer some question for power supply. I tried googling for manufacture recommended PS but all I got were spec sheets.

The specification sheet says to use a 12VDC PS with 3W max, however the AMP is not mentioned. I have some other CCTV camera PS laying around which meet the 12VDC requirement, but the amp for those is around 1.11A. Will that PS be sufficient and adequate to power the hikvision camera? I am concerned about 3W max limit (not sure how I could calculate that for my PS).

Thnx for your attention and feedback!

Hello,

I am looking for some feedback for power supply for HikVision DS-2CD2D14WD/M camera. The box did not come with a power supply, due to the long weekend I have not been able to get in touch with the seller.

With that said, I am hoping someone here either knows or has experience working with this camera and can answer some question for power supply. I tried googling for manufacture recommended PS but all I got were spec sheets.

The specification sheet says to use a 12VDC PS with 3W max, however the AMP is not mentioned. I have some other CCTV camera PS laying around which meet the 12VDC requirement, but the amp for those is around 1.11A. Will that PS be sufficient and adequate to power the hikvision camera? I am concerned about 3W max limit (not sure how I could calculate that for my PS).

Thnx for your attention and feedback!

Your power supply will easily run 2 cameras

Thanks for the input!

Should I be concerned about excessive wattage? I have not run across wattage limit on a CCTV camera prior to this and to be quite honest, i am not sure what the max Watt limit means (is it per day or is it instantaneous max watt?).

Thanks for the input!

Should I be concerned about excessive wattage? I have not run across wattage limit on a CCTV camera prior to this and to be quite honest, i am not sure what the max Watt limit means (is it per day or is it instantaneous max watt?).

you have no problem with wattage

for a dc device , current is simply the wattage divided by the voltage. So, in your case it would be 250 ma, and to be safe a power adapter around 400 to 500 ma should work, of course, assuming that your power consumption is only 3 watts.