Sign in to follow this  
rob63

new system problems

Hi,

I have just setup an IP system with the following hardware - TGnet 8 port Poe switch (96w 10/100m), 3x ZxTech atlas 2 cameras and a ZxTech Graphite NVR.

I have set the system up fine in my office with the cameras linked up to the switch with a short patch lead.

This weekend i wired the Cat5e cable to the relevant areas where the cameras will be mounted. cameras 1 and 2 are 20m from the switch and 3 no more than 40m.

Cameras 1 and 2 are working fine but camera 3 has no picture. at first i thought id made a mistake wiring the rj45 plugs so i remade them. The switch looks as if there is data transmitting as there is a green led blinking (although not at the same speed as the others) but there is no image on my screen.

MyFreeIp app has said the camera is online but when i click on it to view there is no image and says it can't connect.

Can someone help me diagnose the issue? Since ive had the cameras working with a short patch lead could it be the length of the cable?

That page is actually miss leading, it says its CCA then further down it says its solid copper. If its CCA then is be ripping it out, and as for the price for cca thats mental

while you are at it get a cheap wire mapping tester. If installing plugs it is very easy to get wires flipped around. You should be able to get a real cheap wiremapper for under 50.00 test every cable even new patch cords.

I ended up cutting off around 4m of slack each end (i wanted the extra cable until i had confirmed position of both switch and camera) it now works. So i guess i'll never know whether its junk cable or my termination at the connector! well until i install another camera...

I ended up cutting off around 4m of slack each end (i wanted the extra cable until i had confirmed position of both switch and camera) it now works. So i guess i'll never know whether its junk cable or my termination at the connector! well until i install another camera...

Does the box say CCA? if it does throw it out.

While you are in company camera is lead role in anywhere. camera linked up the switch with a short patch lead. you should able to get a real cheap wire mapper CCTV cameras.

I don't understand the above post, but its ok think this issue is sorted. The cable says 24 awg copper, seems like it should be decent stuff.

I'm having issues with the app- freeip, it's really not that great via mobile network, works fine through wifi in my house but thats irrelevant much easier to watch through my NVR on the big screen.. Are there any other options? doesn't have to be free.