Sign in to follow this  
jrmymllr

Hikvision camera "almost synchronized" lockups

I reported several months ago that I have 3 identical IP cameras that all locked up within about a week of each other. They were continuously powered for about 4 months, then in a span of about a week, each locked up, requiring a power cycle. No telnet, no ping. They're powered with a good midspan (PowerDsine) and in turn connected to a UPS.

It's happened again. This time it took about 5.5 months, and I thought they were freezing when hitting a specific amount of uptime. That proved to be almost correct, but it wasn't entirely predictable. Although the first one froze when hitting about 3550 hours uptime, the next froze a few hours beyond that, and the last one, a few days beyond that. Besides they ran more days this time compared to the last run.

The freezeups aren't corresponding to weather or anything else I can identify, and everything else on that UPS (server, modem, router, switch) continue running uninterrupted. The UPS is plugged into a dedicated outlet with nothing else on that circuit.

Has anyone else seen Hikvision cameras freeze unexpectedly on a semi-regular basis?

Ya that is pretty normal actually in that time period. That is why it is recommended to reboot atleast once a month to clear cache and any dump files that will cause it to freeze up like that.

Ya that is pretty normal actually in that time period. That is why it is recommended to reboot atleast once a month to clear cache and any dump files that will cause it to freeze up like that.

Good to know I'm not the only one seeing this.

its not normal at all...

its not normal at all...

I can't imagine why I'm having all 3 cameras lock up within a week of each other after running perfectly for so long. I chalked it up to unreliable firmware; I have no other explanation.