siyadali

IP camera Video run distance with CAt6

Hi everyone need your technical advise.

I have an IP camera located at a distance of 400ft away and I want to run CAT6 cable. I have powered the camera locally from nearby power source with adopter.

So my question is, is it possible for the video to run normal without using repeater every 90m? Or is this must follow rule regardless of power?

Ssmith, I will check it out. My camera supplier is advising me it won't run more than 90m unless I ise repeater. Wether I need Poe power or video only.

I will let u know how it goes

Thanks

The spec is actually 100 meters including the patch cords. That simply means that it is guaranteed to work that distance.

The doesn't say it wont work longer distances.

I have gone 1000' with a Veracity POE extender.

I would try to stay with the 100 meter standard if you can. We have run over this distance and had no problem but we also ran into a place that had several runs over 300 feet that worked oK but the customer was having problems on other parts of the network. When we brought everything into spec the problems went away. Could have been something else but if you can stay withing the 100 meters or use POE extenders like veracity.

Thank u guys ur views were valid....I was busy setting up the cameras for the last two weeks and u were right some of the cameras worked beyond the 100m limit and some didn't specially PTZ ones.

Now I have set up all I have one minor issue which is lagging (freezing upto 5sec.) then works fine for 20sec. Then again lagging!

Any ideas what could cause? I have tried basic troubleshoot like using Extenteders.

M using D-Link switch! Unmanaged POE seotch 24 port 2 pcs total cameras 42 pcs so basically each Poe carries above 20 cameras and each camera is 4MP. And Poe is megabit! U think it's the Poe?? Causing the lagging?

Switches should be ok.

http://content.us.dlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DGS-1210_REVC_DATASHEET_1.00_EN_US.pdf

How are they linked together?

Performance

Switching Capacity

• DGS-1210-10: 20 Gbps

• DGS-1210-10P: 40 Gbps

• DGS-1210-20: 40 Gbps

• DGS-1210-28: 56 Gbps

• DGS-1210-28P: 56 Gbps

• DGS-1210-52: 104 Gbps

• DGS-1210-52MP: 104 Gbps

Power over Ethernet - DGS-1210-10P, -28P, -52MP only

PoE Standard

• IEEE 802.3af & IEEE 802.3at

PoE Capable Ports

• DGS-1210-10P:

• Ports 1 to 8: Up to 30W

• DGS-1210-28P:

• Ports 1 to 4: Up to 30W

• Ports 5 to 24: Up to 15.4W

• DGS-1210-52MP:

• Ports 1 to 8: Up to 30W

• Ports 9 to 48: Up to 15.4W

PoE Power Budget

• DGS-1210-10P: Max. 78W

• DGS-1210-28P: Max. 193W

• DGS-1210-52MP: Max. 370W

The interconnection!

I just took one of the Poe1 24 port and connected to one of the other Poe2 24 ports.

As for the NVR connection I connected them from POE gigabit ports.

Any Problem with that connection?