frinzia12

IP camera + PowerLine Adapter

Hey guys,

I've been browsing around trying to understand if I can use a powerline adapter to connect the IP cameras to an NVR.

Here is the Plan : Instead of running the ethernet cables to each camera (4), I was thinking about using powerline adapters. This way I would not be limited to running the wire and just get the data from a powerline adapter. My plan would be the NVR connected to Internet, with one powerline adapter at the router side injecting internet to the house. Now on the camera side, I would have a powerline adapter + poe injector connected to the camera. From there my NVR would be connected to the network to pick up my cameras. After research on this forum, my network would be under a HUGE load from these 4 cameras. Is there a way to run this same setup without the load on my network? Would this current plan even work?

This is totally from left field but theoretically if I took the NVR camera inputs and ran them to one powerline adapter(or one adapter for each camera), then on the camera side, had the powerline adapter +poe injector, this would be off the network, but I am pretty sure the NVR would not be able to deciever the different IP addresses of the cameras.

Thanks again guys any help would be appreciated.

In theory your plan will work provided that your a powerline adapter (100mbs) and your power cables are have litter interference.

Your powerline adapter (100mbs) must also be of good industrial grade able to withstand 24/7 round the clock operation.

If you are interested in further discussion, please contact me via Skype @ Cheng.Xin.SG