justinmiller16

Multiple camera motion detection issue with PC-NVR/SmartPSS

I have two Dahua IP cameras, one in the front of my house, one out back. They should be not be triggering on the same motion events since they are covering very different areas. However, when I search for motion events in SmartPSS (or the mobile app), both cameras show motion events at exactly the same times and appear to be 'synced' or linked to the first channel.

I can't imagine this is the expected behavior. Is there a config option I missed somewhere?

I have the PC-NVR added as a device in SmartPSS and I've added both cameras to the NVR, so recording DOES work. Like I said, the cameras just appear to be linked.

I'm running the latest and greatest versions, 1.14.2.

Thanks,

Justin

Bump.

Nothing here? Any particular tricks or quirks to setting up the PC-NVR? Like I said, I can get motion recording on both channels, with the caveat that channel TWO only records when camera ONE detects motion.

Thanks.

Correction: I verified that the opposite is also true. The second camera will record on motion and record on both channels.

At least I'm not missing events, but still odd that it records on the channel that didn't trigger the motion.

Any help from those who use PC-NVR would be appreciated.

This is happening because you have multiple channels set to record in the event settings under record on both of these cameras. In the event motion detect settings there is a setting that says record channel. You probably have all the channels highlighted. This will allow you to record video on other channels when the channel you are on detects motion. Here is a great video that covers how to properly set up motion detection in smart PSS. This software is actually MontavueGO but its identical to smart PSS

Yeah, I have the same issue. When one triggers, they all record. I have gone into every interface and checked/double checked for where the issues could be, but can't find any. Other than, all cameras on the "devices" page say they are channel 1. Maybe they are supposed to be like that. Then I go into motion detect, it only allows by to record to "Channel 1" It doesn't give me any other options. Then I right click on a camera under the PC-NVR in Live View, I get to a screen and each camera is on it's own channel. However, they all record at the same time whenever an event it triggered.

On a side note, I am running 1.16.1 of SmartPSS, because I have found that in the most current version my PC-NVR started spewing all kinds of messages about disk issues and crashing as soon as you started to add cameras. Additionally, the 1.16.1 version will only let you allocate a small portion of your hdd to write on. Just so many glitches and I don't know that they care to fix them.

Did you ever figure this out? Looks like a copy of Blue Iris is in my future.

Sadly I’ve not figured this out. It’s in my future though to upgrade to Win 10 and a newer SmartPSS. Hoping that might solve some issues. Though your reports don’t make me too hopeful!

Big reason I don’t want to move to Blue Iris is because l, as I understand it, it doesn’t use the motion events generated by the camera, but instead analyzing the video stream itself, looking for motion, thus making it a CPU hog.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong though!

It sounds like those with physical NVRs don’t have this issue. I just don’t see a need To spend the money when I have a decent server and HD space already.

Have you checked BlueIris lately? It now supports Intel and Nvidia hardware decoding, easing the cpu load.