oh6hfx

Dahua SmartPSS and Windows 10?

Something strange with Windows 10 and Dahua SmartPSS software.

In my own PC it works fine with Win7 Home, connecting almost 20 devices (NVRs/cameras), some of them P2P, some with dyndns.

Installed in Win10 laptop. P2P to my own NVR works fine, but another one - P2P too - seems to be online but cannot expand

NVR tree to show channels.

Yesterday did the same in Win10 desktop PC. None of installed P2P NVRs would expand channel tree. Then installed one

NVR device (older without P2P feature) with dyndns. Working. Then tried to connect to some of P2P ones with dyndns. Not working.

In device list I can see the device is online and connected, but the amount of channels is not shown.

I found something. If I export the whole device list of 26 devices from my Win7 PC and import it to fresh Win10 installation of SmartPSS, everything is working.

Then noticed, that if I change the login credentials (admin -> user) of some devices, they still work ok, as should.

However, if I clean the device list and start adding a new device, I must first use admin credentials to get the device to load channels. After that, I can change to user-privilege credentials and

it seems to work!

Maybe it has nothing to do with Windows version, I'll have to test SmartPSS in another Win7 PC to make sure...

Yes, it has nothing to do with Windows version. Tested in fresh Win7 install. Installed SmartPSS and tried to add

P2P device with normal user (viewer) rights. It won't load channels.

Then deleted id, added again and put admin user first. After that I can change user/pass to one which has less rights.

A bug or is it designed this way? A non-admin cannot see channels if not used first admin credentials?

I found the problem! SmartPSS user has to have "camera" right ticked!

In factory default group "user" there is no "camera" selected, and this is the reason.

And this seems to have nothing to do P2P, happens also with ip/domain, just if user does not have "camera" right.

Now I will make a copy of "user" group and just add "camera" and change all users to that group.

Somehow there is a bug in SmartPSS so that if you add device with admin rights and then change them to user rights, it will work .... until you close the

program and restart it.