fa355115

Dahua IPC-EBW81200 and PFA 132 - HELP !!

Hi there,

I am currently wall mounting my IPC-EBW81200 Dahua Camera using the PFA132 wall adaptor .... but I see when I try to mout the metal plate on it that the screws do not correspond .... I mean th3 3 screws correspond but then the "TOP" line is not pointing out to the top but few degrees left .... which will make the camera will not have an horizontal picture.

I looked on the internet but found no feedback on this ...

293986_1.jpg

Any idea or I am doing Something wrong here ??

Many Thanks !

you installed it correctly, it just doesn't line up perfectly. You can use the browser to configure and edit the viewpoints.

Not so easy ... the camera is used together with Surveillance Station from Synology ...

so a perfect lined up mount is required.

This is a design issue / factory issue at Dahua.

Finally I had to drill some additional wholes to line it up.

Not so easy ... the camera is used together with Surveillance Station from Synology ...

so a perfect lined up mount is required.

This is a design issue / factory issue at Dahua.

Finally I had to drill some additional wholes to line it up.

Hi look at your picture and see your problem .... Not a dahua problem you have looked at instructions wrong

Top is marked to show top of backplate you match top of camera then twist into lugs.

Not correct tomcctv ... in order to have the camera perfectly "vertical", the top position really needs to be at the top pisition and not as on the picture, and this taking into account the twist into lugs.

If you use the default wholes, the top position is as on the picture ... you insert the camera then twist it and camera will then not be vertical...

So some people say this kind of camera has to be mounted in ceiling lode and it is correct in that case it doesn't matter ... but in wall mode this is an issue.

Not correct tomcctv ... in order to have the camera perfectly "vertical", the top position really needs to be at the top pisition and not as on the picture, and this taking into account the twist into lugs.

If you use the default wholes, the top position is as on the picture ... you insert the camera then twist it and camera will then not be vertical...

So some people say this kind of camera has to be mounted in ceiling lode and it is correct in that case it doesn't matter ... but in wall mode this is an issue.

Sorry no I am right 100% and if you see the lugs and read the instruction you will see.

I fit a lot of these and never had a problem

image.thumb.jpeg.b062577a9daa85dddb14f6fb6dd8549b.jpeg

I am 100% sure of what I am saying.

The white unit is a pfa132, ir is mounted peefectly vertical on the wall.

The metal plate comes with the camera, not with the pfa132 ... and when you wount the metal plate in the standard wholes on the pfa132, then insert and twist the camera, camera is not perfectly vertical.

100% sure

I am 100% sure of what I am saying.

The white unit is a pfa132, ir is mounted peefectly vertical on the wall.

The metal plate comes with the camera, not with the pfa132 ... and when you wount the metal plate in the standard wholes on the pfa132, then insert and twist the camera, camera is not perfectly vertical.

100% sure

I know the mounting plate comes with the camera ...... The gasket comes with the PFA 132 with the screw in lugs

If you had left as is then turn camera till stiff then snap turn it would of locked into place

Camera is installed correctly now ... twisting it in the metal plate then it locks.

Thanks to the 3 adfitional wholes I have drilled in the metal plate camera is vertical now.

I am surprised yoy say you never had the issue ...

Pfa132 and ipc-ebw81200

Camera is installed correctly now ... twisting it in the metal plate then it locks.

Thanks to the 3 adfitional wholes I have drilled in the metal plate camera is vertical now.

I am surprised yoy say you never had the issue ...

Pfa132 and ipc-ebw81200

No I have never had the problem ..... And I have installed 6 ..... Also if you google the problem ..... It only shows that you have the problem

Plus by drilling new holes you would of moved the stop point of the back plate

The lug on the back of the camer MUST always be at top when locked ..... Yours now can't do that if you have drilled new mounting plate holes

I had to drill 3 new holes so that when screwed on the pfa132, the metal plate now has his "TOP" marquor vertically.

This way inserting the camera, twisting it and locking it the camera is now vertical.

You mean when you mount your metal plate, you do not put the "TOP" position on "top" ?

Then if you have the same material I have the caera can not give an horizontal picture.

... or there was a factory default on my metal plate ...

... unfortunately I do not have a picture of the back of the camera anymore, and camera is mounted now .... I could have showned it better ...

Have a think ....... This is your first at installing this camera

You had to drill 3 new holes so as you could twist camera to the right ......But what you have also done is move the locking pins

Look at this picture .

I can guarantee you have not twisted and locked your camera right

.... If you had left as it was and twisted camera the pushed camera into wall and twisted another 10mm to lock .... Then you would of had no need to of drilled new holes

But your the only guy to have this problem ....

This is correct, this is where I drilled new holes to get the "TOP" position on top.

Here is how the camera is finally mounted (please notice one of the 3 IR "1" is at the top as well, and there are 2 slots at the bottom left "2" and bottom right "3" ... there is a third slot at the top which the picture is not showing which is perfectly at the top position as well)

295080_1.jpg

... this way the image is perfectly "horizontal".

Now look at this picture I took before mounting the camera ...

The picture below clearly shows the "TOP" position of the metal plate is exactly at equal distance between the pin entry point "3" and the pin lock point "2".

You will also notice that the "top" slot of the camera "4' is not aligned with the top pin "5".

But if you then insert the top pin into "3" and twist it until it locks into "2", the "TOP" "1" position will then be aligned with the top slot "4"

... so that the TOP position of the metal plate is really at the TOP and aligned with the top clot of the camera

295080_2.jpg

So finally, once the camera is locked into the metal plate, the "TOP" position of the letal plate is aligned with the top slot of the camera and here is ht epicture you have :

295080_3.jpg

... as you can see it is perfectly horizontal

See from your picture YOU DID NOT GO INTO SECOND LOCK POSITION

also not used the 3rd lock pin

You have re drilled holes the same distance of the second twist you have not done..... And like I keep telling you even now you have it ln line (because of your new holes) IT IS STILL NOT IN THE LOCK POSITION .

Look hard at your drawing ........ The lugs ARE NOT IN THE STOP position they are only half way ..... WHich is exactly the same distance of your new holes.

It's your problem not a dahua problem ...... Also you have not fitted the 3rd lug ... Your picture only shows 2

image.jpeg.46eaed40ffcda020340eaf362db8b419.jpeg

tom, the third screw is there, just not present on the picture (I had removed it to see how it worked) , but it is mounted.

The camera is mounted with the 3 screws, and on the picture the screws are indeed not in "lock" position yet but now that the camera is wall mounted, you can believe me the 3 lugs are in lock position (It does a "click, and I would not let the camera un-locked when mounted !)

See on the picture if you twist the metal plate 1 cm to lock ... where is the TOP position coming ?

The picture was just taken before the mounting to have an overview ... but if you agree with me that the top position of the camera to have an horizontal picture is the one when the slot is at the top position, you can definitely see that once the lug is in lock position, the "TOP" marquor of the metal plate also comes in front of the camera slot and is really at the top.

Now the caera is mounted, and I will not un-mount it anymore, the drills I made solved the situation.

Please note I had 2 représentatives of Dahua visiting my house and we discussed this issue so they could see my mount was correct and there was really a need to drill 3 additional holes.

As it looks like you are mounting those pfa132 and IPC-EBW81200 units aswell, can you confirm :

1. The final position of the caera when wall mounted is the same as myself having the IR unit on top of the camera, aligned with the camera slot "4" ?

2. Do you have any picture ?

Anyway, situation is solved for me, just wanted to share my issue and how I solved it.

Dahua would not come to your house

But ..... I still say you have not done the last twist you have drilled 3 holes to avoid doing that.

Yes your camera looks right now installed and IR are level. But without the tight final twist.

Keep an eye on your camera for water getting in

First twist is so as can remove adjust cam and mount again and IR don't line up. But once happy you push camera hard to wall and twist another 10 MM. this locks the cam and levels the IR and also which yours can not do as you have re drilled ......... The last 10m locks cam also presses cam back plate to black gasket and pushes the gasket to the wall mounting plate making it all water tight.

If you go to your camera now ..... Push it hard against the wall and twist it will turn another 10mm ....... But it will put your IR out of line. Because of your new holes. Plus if you have installed up a ladder that is hard to do . But I would use a little silicon over the the camera to back box join

Come on Tom ... you become frustrating ....

Dahua came to my house with a technician and a commercial because I was in contact with them and I proposed my help in a correct French translation of their VTH / VTH french interface which is totally wrong or incorrect.

You can believe it or not, it doesn't matter, but see below our conversation :

295087_1.jpg

... and my camera is locked, I clearly heared a lock and could not twist it anymore.

Picture is quite clear ...

If you lock the screw in position "3", the "TOP" "2" position will come in front of the camera slot "1" which is the top position.

Would be interesting if you have pictures as well ...

Could be that my metal plate was incorrect ...

295087_2.jpg

I had to un-mount the camera because of an SD card issue I am testing now, so I will take more pictures of the mounted camera and dismounted with the wall support as well to explain and show better.

Final installation of the camera, inserted in the metal plate and twisted - LOCKED.

Please note the "camera slot" at the top position just above the IR lens

295349_1.jpg

To get into this position, first insert the camera into the metal plate holes :

295349_2.jpg

Then twist the camera 2 centimeters right to lock it in the metal plate :

295349_3.jpg

You will notice the camera slot is just aligned with the top position of the PFA132

Now please look at the metal plate.

As I said I needed to mount it with its TOP position at the top, and you will also notice the 3 holes I had to drill because the original holes would not allow to have the top position at the top

Please also notice the TOP position of the metal plate is just in the middle of the 2 UNLOCK and LOCK positions, distant from 2 centimeters, meaning you need to twist the camera 2 centimeters to the right to LOCK it in the metal plate

295349_4.jpg

Please finally notice the pencil line I drawed at the back of the camera which is corresponding to the TOP position of the metal plate is JUST at the middle position between the LOCK and UNLOCK position of the metal plate.

295349_5.jpg

... so this to say this is the only way you can get the camera mounted "vertically" and have an "horizontal" picture ... by drilling 3 additional holes in the metal plate ...