Sign in to follow this  
Quantum

Top-of-the-Line HikVision has NO AUDIO?

H.264+ is backwards compatible with H.264. H.265 requires plugins and no ONVIF support yet. You can get cameras with H.265 support but currently, H.264+ options are going to save you more bandwidth with little to no compatibility issues that you are going to see with H.265.

H264+ belongs to hikvision and licenses out to others ..... But even hik stopped in July for the new h265 NVRs and cameras in December

ICRealtime have sold 4K h265 cameras and recorders for over a year ..... U.K. Internet tv is h265 stream

Hikvision has zero H.256 none gray market cameras in the USA as they are all H.264+. Many manufacturers have smart h.264 codecs including Axis, Samsung, Panasonic with others coming soon. Axis is on its second revision of ZipStream 2 which adds dynamic frame rate control and has no H.256 yet.

ICRealtime rebrands Dahua products and reviewing their website quickly, shows no camera with H.265 support. Also, Dahua cameras/DVRs were a part of the largest DOS attack in the history of the internet so we have been staying away from them too.

Again I have yet to see H.265 provide lower bandwidth than smart H.264 codecs. Heck, not all major chip manufacturers are implementing it yet. But once H.265 has it's own smart H.265 codec things will change but that will be in the next revision of H.265. I think H.265 will be a big deal but right now in the USA it is not.

Linux might support H.265 but there are only a handful of VMS platforms that support Linux and out of those VMS platforms I would be surprised if more than one or two supported cameras with H.265.

Are you used to dealing only with amateurs?

Amateurs are the ones that can't lock down a Windows Machine.

The whole world runs on Windows.

US Government, Medical Facilities, and the list goes on and on.

Amateurs are the ones that can't lock down a Windows Machine.

Presumably you intend this to be an insult, that we 'can't lock down Windows so run Linux'.

OEM by Hikvision

Source please.

and the software blows.

That's all very nice.

Interlogics cameras are absolutely Hikvision OEMs. We took over a school with 800 of them. Basically Hikvision cameras with the GUI colors changed with less features. Don't believe us order on and see if you can discover them with Hikvision discovery tool. Prisim software is bad.

Interlogics cameras are absolutely Hikvision OEMs. We took over a school with 800 of them. Basically Hikvision cameras with the GUI colors changed with less features. Don't believe us order on and see if you can discover them with Hikvision discovery tool. Prisim software is bad.

Oh. So being HikVision, that explains why Interlogics has H.265.

{snicker}

... And you took over a school with 800 of them! Impressive. There's something to be said for aiming 2 cameras on every desk, and double 360 degree coverage indoors and out.

Just returning the favor. Read what you typed about Windows.

We all know that just knocking down what others are attempting to do, while cowardly not daring to give your own solutions, is a hallmark of American Hate, 'ssmith'.

Edit: HA! Found exactly all the features I'm looking for, in a high-grade camera, for less money than the HikVision. Later, alligators.

Oh. So being HikVision, that explains why Interlogics has H.265.

{snicker}

... And you took over a school with 800 of them! Impressive. There's something to be said for aiming 2 cameras on every desk, and double 360 degree coverage indoors and out.

You are always so abrasive for what ever reason. I said before there and no H.256 official Hikvision cameras on there website which is true. You found interlogic cameras that have H.256 that are OEMs which is great. I gave an example about real world experience with a large Enterprise customer and how poorly they perform compared to there cheaper none OEM version. Then you make a stupid comment and a project that you no nothing about.

You say your time is valuable yet when people that clearly have more experience then you try to give you advice you attack them. Keep trying to stick a round peg square hole as I look forward to your next post that complain about making your solution work.

I just installed a few of the new 4k Arecont Cameras the other day. Great daytime quality but what really got me was how well it did in the mid/low light.

I just installed a few of the new 4k Arecont Cameras the other day. Great daytime quality but what really got me was how well it did in the mid/low light.

Now lets see how long they last before you have to get one RMA'd

Now lets see how long they last before you have to get one RMA'd

This^^^^

Your profit goes out the window and so does your customers confidence in you.

Been there done that and have the a box full of T Shirts.