Sign in to follow this  
Quantum

Top-of-the-Line HikVision has NO AUDIO?

I've just received the DS-2CD4A85F-IZH, and was shocked to find that there is no audio in, out, or alarm wire! It's right there in the instructions, but the wires don't exist on the physical camera.

I called tech support and they deny that this camera has audio of any kind. A top-of-the-line camera that doesn't have audio? Well it just goes right back.

Can you recommend a quality 6Mp or 8Mp that actually does have audio in, or built-in?

Can our Avigilon friends contact me about anything over 3Mp with audio?

Edited by Guest

Ah, I see. Well it appears the DS-2CD4A85F-IZHS is only available from Red China, and I've had enough of that noise.

I am curious about Avigilon though. Last I checked it would only work with their proprietary software, which is not on. I run only Linux machines at home.

Although, Avigilon's Products page has no products, and from what little I can gather there is no evidence that their cameras have audio.

Ah, I see. Well it appears the DS-2CD4A85F-IZHS is only available from Red China, and I've had enough of that noise.

I am curious about Avigilon though. Last I checked it would only work with their proprietary software, which is not on. I run only Linux machines at home.

Although, Avigilon's Products page has no products, and from what little I can gather there is no evidence that their cameras have audio.

Hi. I think you will see a lot of hik problems popping up here in the next few weeks as they are changing there software.

But if you want a 4K camera then this one makes hik look like a toy ....... IC realtime USA or Uk .

http://www.icrealtime.ie/pdfs/Cameras/Ultra/IC-Realtime-ULTRA-2s-BM12-IXO.pdf

OK, so neither thewireguys nor ak357 have responded, so unless there are any other Avigilon dealers, that's out.

Avigilon does not have Linux based software so if you want Avigilon on Linux you will have to use their 4 port Edge recorder.

Most of Avigilon's camera have 2-way audio. The SL line and Micro domes do not have audio.

Also, I just responded to you PM. Sorry we are an install shop and very busy so I don't have the time I used too to check the forums

Thanks. I guess my main question is, will an Avigilon camera work with other NVR software (which does run on Linux)?

I'm interested in outdoor cameras over 3Mp, with audio.

Yes I give up on Avigilon. They're a little too proud of themselves.

Looking at Axis and Arecont now.

They have a lot to be proud about worldwide

Did you look at ic realtime link

Also if your going 4K with audio look at h265

Good suggestions Tom, thanks. I did look at ic realtime link, but I couldn't find much about them in the way of real-world use or reviews. I didn't know that h265 is an option yet; I'll look for that.

Yes I give up on Avigilon. They're a little too proud of themselves.

Looking at Axis and Arecont now.

Lol... You didn't even try... Go with Arecont they make great cameras.

lol I practically begged you to get in touch with me in backchannel. Am I supposed to pursue you and hk357 to the ends of the Earth throwing money at you? I am extremely busy. I value my time as much as you do your own time.

When you finally responded in this thread, in spite of my statement that we only use Linux, you insisted that we're "going to have a much better system with Avigilon's VMS". Don't you hear the words what are comin' out of my mouf? Why don't you respect the fact that we must have very good reasons for running Linux exclusively? Are you used to dealing only with amateurs?

You'll forgive me if I don't believe you about Arecont.

No you have not hit the jackpot....... There is only 1 I would trust

Only because John is a friend of mine. Aventura.

I have them sent to the uk.

But most of your links are Shenzhen city not a good place to buy from

Think you're being a little bleeding edge with the H265 recommendation as it is still being adopted. Very little major VMS manufacturer support, more CPU/GPU usage and little or no bandwidth savings over current Smart H.264 codecs.

Think you're being a little bleeding edge with the H265 recommendation as it is still being adopted. Very little major VMS manufacturer support, more CPU/GPU usage and little or no bandwidth savings over current Smart H.264 codecs.

To a point yes that is right if you are using a h265 camera on a h264 machine you will use more cpu while converting to h264 and then not see any bandwidth saving at all.

H265 to h265 (not +h264) less cpu half bandwidth there are a few vms

Geo

Ave

Vivotek

Axis by the end of the year

To a point yes that is right if you are using a h265 camera on a h264 machine you will use more cpu while converting to h264 and then not see any bandwidth saving at all.

Geo

Ave

Vivotek

I have seen multiple tests showing Smart H.264 codecs saving more bandwidth than current H.256 cameras. Factor in current H.265 support for current VMS platforms and you have a mess on your hands. Example: I am running Genetec 5.5 at my office and I have the new Samsung QND-7010R with H.265 support and I can only use H.264 with Genetec at the moment.

No you have not hit the jackpot....... There is only 1 I would trust

Only because John is a friend of mine. Aventura.

I have them sent to the uk.

But most of your links are Shenzhen city not a good place to buy from

Interlogics looks quite good. Samsung. Panasonic's look like they suck. (And maybe not EScam, lol) I'll examine them all. Then there's Bosch, which I'm sure makes cameras, tho I don't know whether h.265.

It's understandable that Windows' handling of h.265 is dreadful. That's a shame.

Geo

Ave

Vivotek

I have seen multiple tests showing Smart H.264 codecs saving more bandwidth than current H.256 cameras. Factor in current H.265 support for current VMS platforms and you have a mess on your hands. Example: I am running Genetec 5.5 at my office and I have the new Samsung QND-7010R with H.265 support and I can only use H.264 with Genetec at the moment.

+h264 smart h264 h264 plus are all open source and can't communicate with each other H265 is the standard now 4K cameras or 4K movie stream

H.264+ is backwards compatible with H.264. H.265 requires plugins and no ONVIF support yet. You can get cameras with H.265 support but currently, H.264+ options are going to save you more bandwidth with little to no compatibility issues that you are going to see with H.265.

H.264+ is backwards compatible with H.264. H.265 requires plugins and no ONVIF support yet. You can get cameras with H.265 support but currently, H.264+ options are going to save you more bandwidth with little to no compatibility issues that you are going to see with H.265.

Again, you must specify that this is with Windows. None of your issues apply to Linux, and all flavors of decoders are available.

I for one, welcome our new h.265 overlords.

H264+ belongs to hikvision and licences out to others ..... But even hik stopped in July for the new h265 NVRs and cameras in December

Ic realtime have sold 4K h265 cameras and recorders for over a year ..... U.K. Internet tv is h265 stream