Zebedee6

Camera installation issue in HikVision Setup

I have an IP setup around a HikVision 7732NI-E4/16P NVR which is running 16 HikVision cameras.

An amateur installer helped me setup the first 14 cameras. The last two I setup myself. They are a DS-2CD2T42WD-I8 and a DS-2CD2322WD-I.

The DS-2CD2T42WD-I8 had previously been setup elsewhere and had a password set up on it. I connected the DS-2CD2322WD-I directly to the NVR and had to set a password on it. I think this is the cause of my issues. On the NVR local display these two cameras stand out as they have “Security” type “Strong Password”. Whilst all the other cameras are “Secuity” type “N/A”.

The problems I have with the setup are quite minor but I would like to sort them out as the rest of the system works so well. The problems are –

1 - Running iVMS-4200 (on Windows 10) I can see both of these cameras in a 4 screen display. But if I try to view these two cameras in a 9-screen or 16-screen display I get the error (just for these two cameras) of “Reconnection. Error Code HCNetSDK.dfll[91]”.

2 - Running iVMS-4500 on Android I am unable to select “Fluent” video for these two cameras. This is a problem as my upload bandwidth is small so these cameras are difficult to view remotely. Cameras set to Fluent seem fine to view remotely.

Any thoughts on how to incorporate these two cameras into the system so they work as well as the other 14 cameras would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I posted last week that this is going to be a problem that will fill this site soon.

If you have two new cameras that asks for a password before you can do anything with them ..... Is a good thing as this means you have the new range of hik cameras ....... But your NVR will need to have a firmware update for you to have full control.

But your problem might also take out some of your other cameras if they are hik gray market.

Also you can't flash old hik cameras with the new firmware.

Just sent you by pm firmware and help on setup ... Click on downloads