smartercam

IPAD as monitor for HDMI output from NVR

Is it possible to use an IPAD as a monitor for setting up an NVR on site? Using the HDMI output on the NVR I'd like to be able to see the setup menus on the IPAD and use the mouse via usb onboard the NVR.

Happy for a cabled solution but wifi would be even better so I can use it up a ladder.

Trying to reduce the amount of devices I have to carry day to day.

There is a DSLR monitor app but I cant see it working being that it doesn't even work on all brands of cameras. Very specific to Canon and certain models.

Thanks in advance

If there is wifi, use a remote control program like TeamViewer. If no wifi, you can use your smart phone to view/control the PC. I guess thats the next question, is it a PC or a linux type NVR?

Hi Mattaggie and thanks for your response.

I am able to connect via ethernet no problems but not all functions are available via that gui. The GUI I need is the one that is displayed via HDMI or VGA output. I dont want to have to carry around a 19 inch monitor to achieve this.

I dont understand Linux V's PC based NVR sorry. How would I tell?

Regards

Sean

a PC is running Windows and can do anything a computer does, like surf the web, play music, etc. A linux based camera system is a computer whose sole function is security software.

If you used a remote control program like TeamViewer, you are seeing whats on the screen, the same as plugging a monitor in. You control the computer just like if you were sitting in front of it using the mouse/keyboard. Its the exact same thing. But these programs are for PCs. Not sure if they exist for stand alone NVRs.