higguns

Geovision Camera on a Hikavision NVR??

Hello all,

New to fish-eye cameras. Basically looking to get a POE Geovision Fish-eye Camera (model GV-FER12203) setup on a HIkvision NVR (model DS-7616NI-E2/16P-2TB). The camera says it is onvif compliant and so does the NVR, but I can't get it to connect and show the image on the NVR.

Anyone have experience setting up a different manufacturers poe camera on a Hikavision NVR?

Thanks in advance

We'll I got as far as getting it to show the live view in fisheye view and it records. Now just need to be able to see the quad view with ptz functions.

Anyone ?

anyone have any insight?

I am thinking it might be possible to connect it to a small pc or android box and possibly have it record to the NVR HDD. Thoughts?

I can get the quad views in internet explorer, but can't seem to see the quad views in the hikvision NVR interface. I'm thinking there must be separate streams for each of the 4 quad views, but can't figure out how to show them. I am thinking there must be a separate ip address or variation with a different port number?

Geovision support was useless by the way, already tried them.

Hi. Hikvision does not have geo dewarp software in there system so you will only get fisheye view. The same with most fisheye it’s best to run hik on hik geo on geo if you want all features.

Ya I've realized that now.

Just looking for some sort of solution now to make it work.

And to think the only real reason I bought it was because it was on sale from our supplier for 60% off the retail. Should have stuck with the original plan of putting a few 3MP cameras in the warehouse area.