Sign in to follow this  
BlueLightCCTV

Lorex LNR400 Audio and RCA's..

Hello All,

After a little reading, I still can't find an answer. I am hoping that the experts on this board can help.

I recently purchased a Lorex LNR400 with Ethernet cameras. I wish that I would have researched a little more prior to purchasing.

One of the main attractions to the machine was the Audio In (RCAs) and Audio Out that was displayed in the sales pics.

Of course after spending more than expected, plus the customer service people at Lorex, accurately living up to most of the bad performance claims, they tell me that "the RCA ports don't work." After challenging them on their answer, and how the RCA's were a motivation for purchase, they then change it to "the RCAs are for Diagnostic only." After challenging them again, their answer was "it is illegal to record someone without their consent." I reminded them that It wasn't illegal in my state, nor private property.

It took 4 hours and 45 minutes (on the Phone) to have them refer to an updated version of the owners manual, that said it needed an IP camera Microphone.

I am hoping that someone here can help me use the RCA microphone (which is installed and working, but not hooked up) The mic is installed where the action happens, but the camera location is 30 feet behind the action, so a microphone integrated camera wouldn't work well.

The LNR400 has something that makes me suspect the a software change and the audio could be clicked and turned on, but the Lorex Phone Techs, could care less and have zero empathy.

Can anyone help with a homemade RCA to ethernet adapter for the sound? (I can solder and assemble) or some other way to get this to work....?

I'm still within a return period, so advice towards a better system with similar or more cabable features would be great, too.

Thanks....

Hello All,

After a little reading, I still can't find an answer. I am hoping that the experts on this board can help................... zero empathy.

Can anyone help with a homemade RCA to ethernet adapter for the sound? (I can solder and assemble) or some other way to get this to work....?

I'm still within a return period, so advice towards a better system with similar or more cabable features would be great, too.

Thanks....

Anyone?.... Links? Ideas?....

Hi. You need a IP cameras with audio input. Something like a dahua.

Then just connect your RCA jack to it.

Hello All,

After a little reading, I still can't find an answer. I am hoping that the experts on this board can help............

It took 4 hours and 45 minutes (on the Phone) to have them refer to an updated version of the owners manual, that said it needed an IP camera Microphone.

I am hoping that someone here can help me use the RCA microphone (which is installed and working, but not hooked up) The mic is installed where the action happens, but the camera location is 30 feet behind the action, so a microphone integrated camera wouldn't work well.

............Thanks....

Thanks for the reply, but the original topic post stated as to why I am looking for something else. I have cut out the extra, from the quote.

'

'

'

Hi. You need a IP cameras with audio input. Something like a dahua.

Then just connect your RCA jack to it.

Hello All,

After a little reading, I still can't find an answer. I am hoping that the experts on this board can help............

............Thanks....

Thanks for the reply, but the original topic post stated as to why I am looking for something else. I have cut out the extra, from the quote.

'

'

'

I can see why lorex support got a headache

Run the feed from mic to your camera

But you need a camera with a RCA audio input ..(not a cam with audio built in)

I have the headache, thanks for nothing.

You have been given the basic answer and the way of doing what you ask.

So if you think the advise was nothing ... then there is no helping you.

It's simple yet you don't understand

You are right. I don't understand, which is the motivation for joining this forum and asking questions. AND, the internet is full of

the basic answer and the way of doing what you ask.
but that isn't enough.

As for your answers, at least with my topics, they have been very short and lacking description, or anything else that will cure my "Headache" causing ways.

Remember, and look through your posts......

I'm sure that you could tell me with broken and short sentences, how it is to be born with "Be All End All" knowledge.

integrator |ˈin(t)əˌɡrādər|

noun

a person or thing that integrates

You are integrating assumptions, that I view as insults, while ignoring this.....viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3144.

Listen it's simple .....

IP camera with audio input....... That input is a RCA plug

Your mic has a RCA plug ........PLUG THEM TOGETHER

IT IS THAT SIMPLE

BUT since you would rarther argue than understanding ..... Then keep it up.

You post a problem you get a answer .... Yet it's not good enough for you.

Here is a picture ....... If you still have a problem post back and I will draw one with a crayon for you.

You will need to extend the RCA cable the 30m to your mic location

image.thumb.jpeg.f66b58bdf321e939dfb9944b2139723a.jpeg

You are right. I don't understand, which is the motivation for joining this forum and asking questions. AND, the internet is full of

the basic answer and the way of doing what you ask.
but that isn't enough.

As for your answers, at least with my topics, they have been very short and lacking description, or anything else that will cure my "Headache" causing ways.

Remember, and look through your posts......

I'm sure that you could tell me with broken and short sentences, how it is to be born with "Be All End All" knowledge.

integrator |ˈin(t)əˌɡrādər|

noun

a person or thing that integrates

You are integrating assumptions, that I view as insults, while ignoring this.....viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3144.

Please show were the insult is

Listen it's simple .....

IP camera with audio input....... That input is a RCA plug

Your mic has a RCA plug ........PLUG THEM TOGETHER

IT IS THAT SIMPLE

BUT since you would rarther argue than understanding ..... Then keep it up.

You post a problem you get a answer .... Yet it's not good enough for you.

Here is a picture ....... If you still have a problem post back and I will draw one with a crayon for you.

You will need to extend the RCA cable the 30m to your mic location

Your insertion of attempted belittling remarks, is really sad. The only thing that you are missing is how a lot of lower intelligence crowds start their sentences with "Boy,......"

As for simplicity...... your link to a pic would have made this a lot more simple, if you could have done that on your first reply versus all of the meaningless and fruitless replies.

The pic displays a product that is possibly available, and might help me solve this issue. (where's the link, or what is the adapter called?) I wasn't born with the "Be All end All knowledge" that you portray to possess.

But, like a lot of internet boards, the faster that you get to 10,000 posts, the more valuable the insecure/incompetent become.

As for arguing...... I just want some info to solve the current problems..... without short, sharp, and meaningless broken sentences, that come from bad attitude "KnowItAlls." If that is beyond your abilities, there are plenty of other places for passive aggressive, low intelligence display of belittling insult attempts.

Crayons?..... It is typically the user of crayons, who constantly need to be reminded of their purpose and direction......

hence,.....

To remind you, I posted a question, a lot of people viewed, but nobody answered. So, as I asked in post number 4.... "Anybody?" you replied, but just randomly pecked at the keyboard, versus providing something useful.

It is not as simple as you claim.... "You post a problem you get a answer .... Yet it's not good enough for you."

As for "It's not good enough....." You are right. It isn't good enough to skin a cat in only one specific way. Especially, when "there are a thousand ways to skin a cat."

I suspect that a programming change will turn on the RCAs (that are on the back of the machine, along with the Audio cables already ran to it) and allow me to record based upon Motion Detection on whichever camera that I choose.

Realistically, the technology that I am requesting/searching isn't an equivalent to RocketScience..... but there seems to be a lot of Sheeples that push for only one direction.

Are you in Bed with Lorex?

Will it sink into your head if I imply that a Crayon will interact with your mentality?

Stay away, Tom. You truly have wasted my time.

Please show were the insult is

Being blessed with "Be All End All knowledge", but after escaping selfishness, it is easy to identify.

Wasted your time

How is that ......... Read your post ..... But you have already edited to make me look bad.

But I stand by my reply IP camera with audio input is your only option

You are looking for a option that is not there.

Am I in bed with lorex ...... Silly question

You have a dahua system to which I am a authorised dealer. Lorex are part of flir who are dahua partners.

So I know I gave the right reply

I suspect that a programming change will turn on the RCAs (that are on the back of the machine, along with the Audio cables already ran to it) and allow me to record based upon Motion Detection on whichever camera that I choose.

Realistically, the technology that I am requesting/searching isn't an equivalent to RocketScience..... but there seems to be a lot of Sheeples that push for only one direction.

Your mic will be analog. So it needs decoding and that is done at the camera end and added to the digital video signal that is sent to the NVR. So say it's cam 2 = cam2 with audio.

So no a simple bit of programming will not work.

(Refer to the typical crayon user having to be reminded)

You have shown the world your position, intelligence, & attitude and hypothetical stature. There is only one meaningless thing that you can brag about the length of. But based upon your communication style and the above listed items, there isn't a question. Everyone can see your style and easily make a conclusion.

Stay away Tom.....

You have clearly displayed your worth and value.

As you try to add internet value, I laugh as I say good luck with your "authorised dealer. Lorex are part of flir who are dahua partners."

Crayon packers typically embellish their position, too.

STAY AWAY TOM!!

you have long ago, become a pain in my ARSE!

(Refer to the typical crayon user having to be reminded)

You have shown the world your position, intelligence, & attitude and hypothetical stature. There is only one meaningless thing that you can brag about the length of. But based upon your communication style and the above listed items, there isn't a question. Everyone can see your style and easily make a conclusion.

Stay away Tom.....

You have clearly displayed your worth and value.

As you try to add internet value, I laugh as I say good luck with your "authorised dealer. Lorex are part of flir who are dahua partners."

Crayon packers typically embellish their position, too.

STAY AWAY TOM!!

you have long ago, become a pain in my ARSE!

It is easy to upset a idiot ........ Read your posts.

Even when I try to explain .... You just don't get it

It is easy to upset a idiot ........ Read your posts.

Even when I try to explain .... You just don't get it

Ok, you can have the last words....