Sign in to follow this  
Kopernikus

Looking for ptz ip camera

Hi

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a ip camera with the following characteristics:

- PTZ IP IR Camera with 2MP or more

- Auto Tracking

- tinted dome

- not more than $500

There are many cameras with these characteristics at https://de.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170108055036&SearchText=ptz+ip+dome+camera unfortunately never with tinted dome.

Thanks

Kopernikus

Hi

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a ip camera with the following characteristics:

- PTZ IP IR Camera with 2MP or more

- Auto Tracking

- tinted dome

- not more than $500

There are many cameras with these characteristics at https://de.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170108055036&SearchText=ptz+ip+dome+camera unfortunately never with tinted dome.

Thanks

Kopernikus

Hi your budget is too low ...... And your link is to junk .... Waste of money.

How is the camera going to be used

Why junk? Many of these are Chinese manufacturers and they make a realy good Job. I already have two Hikvision cams which provide excellent quality (in china these are called Impex). I also ordered many goods from aliexpress.com and orders have always arrived me very quickly. I'm just wondering that I find almost no tinted cameras.

Why junk? Many of these are Chinese manufacturers and they make a realy good Job. I already have two Hikvision cams which provide excellent quality (in china these are called Impex). I also ordered many goods from aliexpress.com and orders have always arrived me very quickly. I'm just wondering that I find almost no tinted cameras.

Because your budget is too low.

Do you think adding a tinted dome to a camera is all it takes ....... Does it not alter brightness in the dome ??

Go back 5 years on the forum and look at gold domes .... Tinted domes ......... We used to make them ....... But I will say you can't add them to cheap junk.

How close are objects going to be to the PTZ ??

Implex...... Another name for hikvision ........ If that is what you believe

Old but valid link for about smoked domes. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=41582

With those cheap, no name ptz's, the software is often glitchy and will aggravate the heck out of you. Much the same for the hardware too.

Auto tracking seems wonderful, but it too will aggravate you. Following trees swaying in the wind, or following the wrong target.

Right now Dahua is the latest rage for affordable PTZ's.

Remember too that buying from aliexp, amazon etc will probably give you no warranty.