MooseBoys

Can't Access Q-See IP Camera

I can't seem to access my new Q-See QCN8030D POE IP camera over my home network. I have an identical camera I set up about year ago, as well as several Swann devices that all work fine. When I plugged in the device to my switch, the link light turns on, but my router doesn't assign it an IP. I've tried the usual suspects for static IPs (192.168.1.108 and 192.0.0.64) but I always get "destination unreachable".

I've tried Q-See's "Config Tool" but that only discovers my existing camera, and the "QC View" app just says "Failed to start searching device!" and can't even find the working camera.

I know the camera is at least powered on and doing something, because my switch reports that it is receiving about 5 valid packets per minute from the port that the camera's attached to. Unfortunately I don't have a way to actually figure out what it's saying.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

I decided to climb back up to the roof and hit the hardware-reset button. This caused the camera to request an IP, however I'm not able to ping it or access port 85 - all signs point to it being disconnected again. I'll see what happens when the DHCP lease expires.