imcool

please suggest me WIFI IP camera

Hello friends,

I burned myself after buying ZMODO WIFI ip cameras and they wont let you access camera locally so that you can not record locally rather they have their cloud services for sale to store your camera recordings. only way to access cameras locally is to break into firmwares. I have already contacted their support team and they said, "this is the way it is. sorry. "

I didnt know this earlier otherwise I would have never bought it, I bought 4 ip cameras for 100USD from ebay.

Please tell me other WIFI IP camera brand which allows to view and record videos locally and Enable to view camera over Internet, I want to use those cameras outdoor. Preferably with the same budget because the RMA on zmodo cameras costed me another $30usd. very disappointing.

I use the Dahua and SavvyPixel which I think are the same. I use them on a NVR, but they have SD slots and should work with any camera software. I also view them from the web page built into the camera.

With wifi cameras, one may be ok, but the more you add, the more they become unreliable. They may/will have interference with other wireless devices and networks, not to mention things like microwave ovens. Go ip/network cameras with power over ethernet (POE).

Wireless cameras are uncool.

I agree, but I do have areas where there is power, but no means to get an Ethernet cable without major work. Always do Ethernet if you can. You need to make sure you have a signal which means a good router, and not too far away. I also use dedicated wifi routers with a different SSID just for the cameras.

For 30$ you will not get satisfied with any kind of ip camera.

Im also not a fan of using wifi for security cameras. You can try powerline. It uses the power cables to transmitting the ethernet signal and they are quite cheap.

i have some good experience with dahua and hikvision. They have also models with built in Wifi. But you need to invest minimum 100 $ i think, especially for outdoor use.

Take a look at the IPC-HFW1120S-W from Dahua. You will find them for around 75$ on Aliexpress