voip-ninja

License upgrade process for Milestone Essentials

Hi all,

I'm running Milestone Xprotect Essentials which I originally purchased with 3 years of upgrade coverage. That upgrade coverage recently expired and I'm now running one version back from the latest version as my license key is ineligible for upgrade to the latest version.

Which wouldn't be a big deal except I've got a problem currently and I'd like to upgrade to the latest version before I spend a lot of time trying to resolve it.

The dealer I purchased the licenses from is no longer in business. What's the process of buying new license upgrade coverage for an existing installation from another dealer? Is it cheaper than just buying brand new licenses?

Thanks

Where are you located?

Colorado.

essentials is now free for 8 cams or less.

Well that's interesting. When did it happen? Do I just download a new license then? I wonder if that's why after I "upgraded" to 2016 R1 I lost the ability to record MPEG-4 from my Axis cameras.

I have a meeting scheduled with the Milestone rep (Thursday). If I can get any insight on your situation I will.

That would be great, thanks!

The website indicates that customers who have lapsed on support are able to upgrade to Express for free if they buy 3 years of support at 50% off. I might be interested in doing that.

I have four cameras and plans for 2-3 more over the next year or so.

I will pm you my license # when I return home, thanks very much for your help.

essentials is now free for 8 cams or less.

It's full of adds and requires registration every year or it stops working. Not really worth it.

That kind of sucks. I sent you back a PM on upgrading to the next version up, it's probably what I would want to do at this point.