tcmw

IP Camera System while using Powerline Adapaters

Forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong section. I tried to find the right spot.

I am looking to install an 8 IP camera system on my house. However, during the thinking process I quickly realized that running Cat5 cable throughout my house would be near impossible. Luckily I found out about Powerline Adapaters which would make this perfect for my need.

However, the one question I have still not been able to get answered is this.

Once I get all of my cameras in place and hooked up... Cameras connected via cat 5 running to a PoE switch to provide the power then to the powerline adapter.

I understand I need to connect the other powerline adapter to the router (I think).... BUT how does everything get to the NVR (or DVR whatever you call it ... where the recordings are stored).

Do the cameras magically know to find their way from the second powerline adapter to the router to the NVR (since the NVR is already connected to the router via cat 5?)

Am I thinking this thru right or do I need to set this up differently?

the powerline adapters are in pairs, so one would be installed near your NVR the other near the camera, I'm using it for a few and it works just fine