spiff

Hikvision NVR custom firmware

I recently bought a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A NVR and a couple of cameras.

I would like to poke around a little in the NVR firmware, but so far found that telnet and ssh are disabled. Then I created a serial console cable, and found that the serial console drops me in psh, and BTW a number of the psh commands are not working.

I have tried searching for tweaked/modded firmwares, but have not found anything. It occurs some of the notes in the HIKVISION tweaking-thread (which I cannot link, because I am not allowed to post URLs as a new user of the forum) could be applied to my NVR firmware, to at least let me get a real shell instead of psh, and maybe also ssh access.

I don't have too many specific goals with this tinkering, but I have been thinking about adding a couple of extra outputs, as this unit has only one alarm output. I would like to tie it into my home automation system.

Has anyone else been working on custom firmware for Hikvision NVRs? Or someone interested in joining forces in this endeavor, or just following the progress?

I am an embedded SW engineer and have been using Linux for about 20 years, and worked on/with various embedded Linux systems.

Br,

Mikkel Holm Olsen