Sign in to follow this  
urban survival

Looking for the best options and where to buy

Hello everyone, in starting out to set a new cctv network, and looking for the best cameras for this, im mostly looking at 720 to 1080p ip cameras outdoor use, bullets should work well i imagine.

Im mostly checking on amazon given that is simpler for me to see prices there

Was looking at acti, axis, dahua and hikvision for possible options, its just a few i picted up from the ultimate ip camera guide.

Now checking them out, im more leaning for dahua or hikvision given the price i see, im trying to spend about 100 or less per cameras, for a total of 12 cameras.

there are also some names i never saw in here, sv3c, reolink, amcrest to name a few anyone has any idea for this?

Im just hoping someone can give me a good location to buy if amazon is not the right place and what would be the best camera manufacturer for me, given my price range and needs. Thank you all for your time.

Urban, buying from places like amazon ali express will get you the best prices, but not too much support or not much of a warranty. And if you buy from China, shipping a camera back for warranty service is expensive.

Hikvision cameras not bought from legitimate dealers can be Chinese cameras hacked to English. Updating firmware will probably brick the camera.

You might up your spending price and search for Dahua Starlight cameras, excellent for night vision.

Thanks for that information, my issue is that Im in venezuela, so for reference i tend to look for amazo to have a overall price, but you think that dahua would be better than hikvision for similar price range? and i will try to go directly to a dealer from their site to see what they can offer.

Well, if you are looking for security cameras $100 for per unit, I think Reolink cams are a good option. I am now using their security cameras. They are working well with Blue Iris and the resolution is 1440p.

You can check them here:

https://reolink.com/shop/

Hope it would do you a favor!

The big problem with Hikvision is that cameras meant for the Chinese market were being sold to the rest of the world with hacked firmware to change the language. When firmware was upgraded, it would brick the camera. Doing a google search for hikivision firmware problems will give you more info. Buying from legit dealers prevents that problem.

I took the chance when I bought mine.

thanks guys, and how good are the reolinks i seeing them before.

and i will look more into what dealers to buy the cameras for and will search if anyone had good experiences with them.

thanks guys, and how good are the reolinks i seeing them before.

and i will look more into what dealers to buy the cameras for and will search if anyone had good experiences with them.

Hi the guy who left link to reolink is a spammer I would not even bother. Look for dahua from a distributor that way you get updates