koolmer

Milestone vs. Exacq vs. Avigilon, Which bloody NVR to take?

Hi Guys,

Okay I am looking for an NVR Software to use and I am looking at the options now. I am hoping to get some help here from people that have experience with different NVRs. My current setup:

I have 8 sites with PC servers with encoder cards and running Netvision Software . Very basic Software, works well with analogue cameras and not so well with IP cameras.

4 sites are all analogue, 3 are hybrid, 1 is full IP. IP Cameras are all Hikvision and Dahua.

I think that for now I will not go into switching the Software for the analogue cameras. The cost for encoders is pretty much the same as a cheap Hikvision IP camera. Money is a main factor here. I would rather switch the analogue cameras with IP cameras.

NVR Software:

Features that I need:

- record cameras from different sites with local servers accessed by Clients in different buildings. The Network infrastructure exists already.

- I need a good video wall with instant playback of 10 seconds or 30 seconds, on every camera.

- I need to be able to use a joystick to control the PTZs and if possible, to actually select the camera and blow it up on the screen.

Of course I know the big names of NVR Software, but what is the price for such Software? 140 GBP per camera per year? Is that about right? It's really too expensive. I have now about 80 IP cameras that I would like to change to a better Software. My budget is not in the area of 10.000 GBP, it's more like 2500 GBP.

Any suggestions and data is very welcome! I am pretty certain that Milestone, Exacq and Avigilon would do what I want, but I am not sure if I can afford these. But of the 3, which one is the cheapest? Which one is the best?

Thanks!

Best, Florian