cosmarchy

Hivkision NVR Questions

Hi, I have a DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS and a DS-2CD2745F-IS connected to my DS-7604NI-E2-16P NVR.

In the beginning I had my DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS which I connected to via the cameras web interface. I then bought the DS-2CD2745F-IS and the DS-7604NI-E2-16P NVR which is the setup I have today.

1) Since installing the NVR, I've realised that I don't have the same adjustments of the DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS I did when I connected via the webpage!! For example, I cannot adjust the time of day for activation or sensitivity of the SmartIR or maybe alter a ROI. I also cannot adjust the WDR or the HLC.

Firstly, this is quite a disappointment from Hikvision as I was told the settings on the NVR are a mimic of the camera and that changes in the NVR are pushed out to the camera. Clearly this is not the case as I have less functionality.

Secondly, how do I now change these settings? If I look at the camera management, I can see the cameras have IP addresses which are in a different range to the NVR itself. the cameras are 192.168.254.x whilst the NVR is 192.168.1.x. Is it the intention that the cameras are still accessible, if so how? If not then how do you make changes which are not accessible via the NVR?

2) I initially only had my DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS so this was setup with email notification. Since this is now connected to the NVR, that will take care of the email notifications. For good practice should I disable this in the DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS? Will it keep trying to send emails independently adding the load on the camera processor?

It's kinda funny if you think about it. If the NVR replicates the camera settings and pushes out adjustments, then which settings does it take when multiple cameras are connected which conflict with each other!!

3) In the NVR, if I go to the Vehicle Detection menu, I get a warning "The camera does not support the function". I find this odd because the DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS does have ANPR installed. Any ideas why this produces this warning?

If anyone can assist with these issues, it would be appreciated.

1) Activate virtual host on the NVR so you access the cameras web inteface; or connect with a computer on an unused POE port on the NVR, so you get direct access to the cameras.

2) The camera does not have internet access, so it will not be able to send emails. I doubt it will make any difference having it enabled or disabled. And some (many) settings are different on the camera and the NVR.

1) Activate virtual host on the NVR so you access the cameras web inteface; or connect with a computer on an unused POE port on the NVR, so you get direct access to the cameras.

2) The camera does not have internet access, so it will not be able to send emails. I doubt it will make any difference having it enabled or disabled. And some (many) settings are different on the camera and the NVR.

Thanks for this