Sign in to follow this  
cappedup

Lost Dahua x3 on Ethernet

I've been using my Dahua x3 PTZ for a couple of years now and it's been great.

Couple of weeks ago I couldn't access it, I've discovered that it's dropped from my router. It used to show as connected through Ethernet, now nothing.

I've tried a reset of the router, reset of the Dahua, doesn't show up.

The camera is powered, and seems 'live'. The lens reacts to a bright light, so it's behaving like someone is home.

When I attempt a rest of the camera (hold reset button for a number of seconds) it doesnt fully power down and reboot, like I thought it would. The fan continues to whirr. Is this normal?

I'm a bit stuck. I've always been able to trouble shoot the camera myself, but I've never been able to not find it before.

Any ideas?

I would try SmartPss and OnVif device manager2.2.250 to see if they can see the camera.

The cable may be bad, try testing with a new cable.

I would try SmartPss and OnVif device manager2.2.250 to see if they can see the camera.

The cable may be bad, try testing with a new cable.

Pulled the camera down, swapped the ethernet cables either side of the PoE injector.

Just the Ethernet connection has disappeared from the router. Not really sure what to check next. Tried different Ethernet ports.

I use iDmss to access the camera, but that hasn't got anywhere to look.

Can anyone confirm what's should happen when I press and hold the reset button? This doesn't seem to actually do anything.

I have a red led on the upper PCB which stays solid.

The fan doesn't shut down, and the led stays solid when I try and reset.

The only way to get the camera to react, is if I physically move it around, then do a hard unplug. When plugged back in the PTZ will return to a preset 1st position.

What else can I try? This isn't possibly bricked is it? I've never tried a firmware install, it's always just been fine, with no intervention.

Any help, greatfully received.